Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I paid 20k for this one its a 1965 fastback. I didnt get any info from the previous owner since he had consigned it to a dealer ship so im not sure when it was restored or anything. i looked on line and it seems its actually a K code can anyone else out there look at this pics and tell me otherwise? and also was it worth it? also i took a pictures of some markings not sure what they mean. i also looked at the engine block for some numbers but i couldnt really tell what the were they seem to be the same as the vin number couldnt make them all out though. also i see no leaks and no visibel rust.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Where did you buy this car ? I think I remember seeing it at Carlisle. The vin # will be on the passenger side of the block down near the oil pan rail just behind the altenator. Pull off the valve covers and take a picture of the heads. What # is on the corner of the heads ? What carb is on it ? #'s on carb and dist.

If the car has the original or correct engine, tranny and rear, then yes I think you got a good deal. Looks like a nice car too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually bought the car in south texas. The humber on the head is 19., and the carborator is a autolite 4100. The distributor is C50F

·
Registered
207 Posts
Regardless of what code it is, 20K looks like a good deal for a clean fastback (C,A or K). Congrats John

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
The spacing of digits on the VIN looks odd. Also, I don't see the stars at each end of the VIN stamping. Have you verified the VIN stamping at all 3 places?

What does the plate that is welded to the floorpan for the rear axle snubber look like?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i checked the door vin and its the same as the fender. where would i find the 3rd vin. also i got the title to the car with that vin.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
well i checked the door vin and its the same as the fender. where would i find the 3rd vin. also i got the title to the car with that vin.

Pull the driver side front fender back, there should be another set of numbers closer to the firewall on the inner fender top.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Post a pic of the warranty tag on the drivers door!

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
i went down and looked at the digit spacing on my 65 and the digits on my car are closer then the ones on your car. i went down again and looked and the digits on my 65 are in a nice straight line in all 3 stampings, not crooked like the digits on the vin on your car(the fenders are off my 65 right now). i noticed that the "7" on your vin is weird and thick looking compared to the (2)7's on my 677490 unit #. the "0" 's on your vin look weird to. theres also a movie called "i went down" starring Brendan Gleeson!!!:shocked:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
That data plate looks original. Have you checked the VIN stamping on the front left and right inner fenders that is covered by the fenders?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That data plate looks original. Have you checked the VIN stamping on the front left and right inner fenders that is covered by the fenders?
no i havent i will do that this weekend. can you post a picture of where i should be looking?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
couldnt wait i actually loosen the bolts of the fender and looked with a flashlite and the vin number is also stamped there same vin #. anything else i could look for?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
A true K code car would have the squared plate.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts