Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i hop in my mustang after a long day and it sounds like I'm draging a chain or some sort of metal scraping nosie. I touched the rear drums and there isn't any abnormal amount of heat. There isn't any draging on one side while driving and the nosie comes around 5mph+ or atleast thats when you can hear it. One more question, My radio is turning on and off by itself and so is the turn signals indicators and the lights themselfs. The head lights were on and so was my electric fan so I'm thinking it's not a main ground problem. any ideas about these problems that popped up today? btw the electrical cut out isn't driving related(roads that are bumpy or not)

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
The strange driving noise sounds to me like a wheel bearing, and the electrical weirdness could easily be an underdash wiring glitch. Perhaps your voltage regulator is having an identity crisis?

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
First thing to check for on the noise, is that the parking brake levers are still where they're suppossed to be. If they're flopping loose inside the drums, they'll tear up your drums REAL fast. Don't ask me how, but I've had this happen to me TWICE (different cars).

The electrical sounds remarkeably like the night my daughter's '69 died up above Fairfield one night. First her radio went, then the turn signals, then the engine. Problem was a bad voltage regulator.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts