Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Offenhauser make a Tri Power Intake for the Inline 6's during the 60s? If so, what did it look like? I'm thinking of buying one of this guy who says it is a 68 head/intake Offenhauser. It looks to me like a intake/head that had holes drilled into it and carbs mounted directly to the intake.

Now, they use a manifold that mounts on top of the intake (after you drill holes of course).

Is this guy trying to pull a fast one on me? Any help would be great.

Slade

·
Registered
188 Posts
they sure did, but be careful there are differences in the log shape from year to year, I can remember right now, so Ill get back to ya later, it should work though!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
they sure did, but be careful there are differences in the log shape from year to year, I cant remember right now, so Ill get back to ya later, it should work though!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
it depends on how complete the set-up really is, I have seen that people that are selling intakes by themselves are missing a lot of the lingake parts, and also you need to find 3 carbs that will work, thats also not counting the amount of labor involved in mounting it to the log of the head, I'd say buy an aussie 2V head, they are much more efficient performance wise then the US heads, and one carb will be much easier to tune than three, and the cost will probably be less with the aussie head. I know someone whos selling these head for $750 each is you want one, well worth the money IMO. PM if you want more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts