Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been working on the interior of my 65 fastback during my COVID19 work from home period (I work at NASA and we are still shut down).

My car is interesting as it was originally Rangoon Red with Red interior. But somewhere in the early to mid 70’s the interior was changed to a tan color. I seriously don’t understand that change but they did it. Now, I’m changing it back to red.

Anyone else out there experienced an odd interior change?

Btw, here’s my progress. You can see both colors.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I’m actually going the other direction. My car was originally Rangoon Red/standard red interior. I’m currently swapping to white interior. I personally didn’t care for the red interior at all. I do like it on black cars.

·
Premium Member
3,749 Posts
Red looks awesome on silver cars sometimes, too.

I haven't had a Mustang this way, but a friend of mine bought a 67 Camaro once with the intention of taking it to a friend up north that couldn't find a rust-free shell for a project and he wanted me to help deliver it.
When I saw this car, I instantly named it the "Calico Camaro" because it had the ugliest combination of puke green shag carpet, a pus colored off-white dash, and red van seats with white inserts and the top of the seats had stripes of snot green, baby crap yellow, and scab brown. Horrible. Just horrible.

·
Registered
1968 Coupe, 302/T5
61 Posts
Mine was originally Ivy Gold, it’s been changed to black. When it was first done it was given black with red insert velour seats and black velour headliner as well. The seats have now been changed to black oe style vinyl but I think I’ll eventually change to Parchment.
C1C183DA-7CF8-4D17-AB1C-ACA8FC02570F.jpeg
BEB4D107-A026-4C10-B2FF-5AD4FC11E14B.jpeg
C1C183DA-7CF8-4D17-AB1C-ACA8FC02570F.jpeg
BEB4D107-A026-4C10-B2FF-5AD4FC11E14B.jpeg
986039E2-4E24-4C60-97C8-56216ECFCF3F.jpeg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Gold on Gold. PO literally painted everything black, with the exception of the seat covers, steering wheel carpet, kick panels, and door panels.

Car is going to be silver with a red interior one day.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
When I saw this car, I instantly named it the "Calico Camaro" because it had the ugliest combination of puke green shag carpet, a pus colored off-white dash, and red van seats with white inserts and the top of the seats had stripes of snot green, baby crap yellow, and scab brown. Horrible. Just horrible.
I think you named just about every human body secretion known to man! :)

·
Registered
1964 1/2 Mustang
39 Posts
Well my car was originally an early ‘65 coupe painted prairie bronze with black interior. In early 90’s it was chopped and reinforced to a vert and while interior and painted red.... all by PO of course

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
When I purchased my early mustang, it was red with a black interior. Had three coats of paint on top of its OEM (Poppy Red). The interior was originally white. All had to be changed Poppy Red with a white interior.

·
Dimples
4,355 Posts
Born: Arcadian Blue w/ blue standard interior.
Bought: had been converted to black w/ red standard interior.
I changed the interior to black.

So three different interior colors for one car. I thought it was relatively easy to do and I was particularly pleased with the interior paint and vinyl dye from NPD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts