Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son Chris collects die cast models. He was so thrilled yesterday when they FINALLY came out with a 71 Mach I. It's great looking. Pretty close to real in detail. He bought a white one and a red one. They also have blue, but it had black instead of argent stripes. It's made by Sun Star models and cost $25, for those of you who maybe interested. They guy told him that Ertle will be coming out with a 73 Mach I in the near future. Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I build Mustang models too, and was thrilled to see a 1/24 scale '71 Mach I at Wal Mart the other day! This one however, was by Testors, and was about $16. It was die-cast too (yik!), and in Springtime Yellow. It was gone when I returned to buy it, and I haven't seen it anywhere else. I'm sure it's a new releae though - shouldn't be very hard to find another one.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I don't know if your son collects 1:64 scale diecast cars, but Johnny Lighting came out with one in their Mustang series a few years back (it was a 1973 Mach 1). BTW, not like I'm a traitor or anything, but I have 5 models I'm building... an 89 Corvette, another 89 Corvette (ZR-1), a 55 Chevy Cameo Pickup, a 68 Dodge Charger, and of course another Corvette!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts