Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between the Ididit and the Flaming River Tilt Steering Columns. I am looking for a power rack and pinion but i have a Flaming River Tilt column and i see that come of the racks come with an Ididit 30" unit.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
What is the difference between the Ididit and the Flaming River Tilt Steering Columns. I am looking for a power rack and pinion but i have a Flaming River Tilt column and i see that come of the racks come with an Ididit 30" unit.

There are a wide variety of opinions on the relative quality of the two columns which you will garner here. They are generally functionaly identical. Both FR and Ididit make columns of spec length for installation with factory steering boxes and for installation with aftermarket R&P (i.e. shorter). If the column you have is for a stock steering box installation, you will likely need to shorten it for intallation with your R&P.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the reason that i ask is because i have installed a power rack conversion and i am having trouble with the intermediate shaft u-joints binding because they are at too much of an angle. the kit from the supplier recommends an Ididit tilt column but i already had a flaming river unit so i thought it would work. both columns are the same length 30"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts