Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Scott Drake inspection plate from NPD (Part # C5DZ-7986-B) and it doesnt fit. I have 1971 302 mated with a C-4 transmission (year unknown). The bolt holes on the bellhousing are 6 inches a part (from hole center to center). The inspection plate holes are 6 and 3/8 inches apart.

The product sticker from NPD says "66-81 BRONCO C4".

Does anyone know if this is the correct inspection plate?

How far apart are the holes on your C-4 inspection plate?

Thanks,
Derek

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That leads me to beleive that I may have the wrong part.

Does anyone else have the measurement of the bolt holes on their C-4 (or inspection plate) handy?

Derek

·
Registered
97 Posts
Derek,
There are 2 flywheel sizes on the C4, a 157 tooth and a 164 tooth version. The distance between the holes on a 157 tooth flywheel is 6-3/8 inch and the holes on the 164 tooth flywheel are 6-1/8 inch. We only sell the 157 tooth version currently, as this covers most Mustang applications. The one you are looking for is available, but not from us at this time. Thanks - Tim

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good info! Thanks for the explanation. Its great that we can get a response directly from the vendor on a site like this.

You do have me now wondering. If the 157 tooth version is correct for "most Mustang applications", does the fact that I have a 164 tooth version indicate that my transmission is unoriginal? Was the 164 tooth version associated with different years or models?

I dont mind either way but want to learn as much about the equipment in my car as possible.

Thanks,
Derek

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good info! Thanks for the explanation. Its great that we can get a response directly from the vendor on a site like this.

You do have me now wondering. If the 157 tooth version is correct for "most Mustang applications", does the fact that I have a 164 tooth version indicate that my transmission is unoriginal? Was the 164 tooth version associated with different years or models?

I dont mind either way but want to learn as much about the equipment in my car as possible.

Thanks,
Derek
I am having the same issue. Any luck with finding a inspection plate for the 164 tooth version.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts