Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the topic is wheels what are the issues to consider n the Cons - besides same diameter / widths n same tire - to have say two Magnum500 rims on the drivers side n two American Racing 5 spoke rims on passenger side. I love both n since no one can see they’re diff unless one walks around car I’ve been considering this set up. Any good advice please

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Honestly? Pick one wheel style and go with it. Car guys would notice it and would question your judgement.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I know this is posted twice, and I replied to the other, but had this secondary thought.... my OCD kicks in bad enough already when I see vehicles with the directional rims on going 'backawards', let alone completely different! lol

·
Just some guy
20,232 Posts
Car guys would notice it and would question your judgement.
A nicer way of saying they would question your mental capacity.
I get the idea. Why not, It's just for fun? Because people.
For every word of praise I hear, I hear over a hundred of criticism. If you're like me and don't so much give a crap what others think and don't get out and about much anyway, then it will be probably be OK. But if you take it to car shows, be prepared to vaguely hear people muttering "What an idiot." For people willing to talk it's no problem. "Well, I just can't decide which wheels look better. What do YOU think?" Then you're golden. But if the people in the background looking at you and the car funny might bother you....

It's up to you and your personality. The car won't mind.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
A nicer way of saying they would question your mental capacity.
Not what was intended. Often times eccentric ideas come from very intelligent people.

My "lack of judgement" comment more so means that I would not be likely to seek advice from someone that would do that. Judgmental on my part? yep, but honest.

·
Just some guy
20,232 Posts
:) Not you, I'm just concurring on what we figure other people will thoughtlessly tend to say.
Personally I'd say if I saw it my first thought would be "WTF?" and hopefully the second thought would be "OK, sure, what the heck one style for arriving, another for leaving. " Most folks I would expect to be more shallow-minded. At least right off. To the point of being rude even. I've witnessed such at car shows.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Do it. Your car doesn't know what kind of wheels are on it, and you can only view one side at a time.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Kane,

your car, do what you wish.
for functionality, find 5 rims you really like.
that way you are forced to rotate tires on a regular basis.

Pat

·
Registered
160 Posts
The funny part is you’ll likely have a second odd quad of rims with the identical conundrum...

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
If I were to rank order wierd ideas, this one may be at the top of the list.

Can anyone keep the wheels on this crazy train rolling?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts