Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 64.5 14A fuse, that feeds the turn signals, started popping a week before Knotts. The problem was intermitent. I made up a circuit breaked by solder a 8 amp breaker to the ends of a blown fuse. I put the fuse back in. This way, I would have signals some of the time and not have to change fuses. Today, I decided to find the problem. After a new switch was installed, the problem still remained. A clue was that the breaker would pop about 2 seconds after the ign was turned on. My wiring diagram showed the fuse fed the signals and back up lights. I pulled the flasher and I still had the problem. That left the back up lights. I don't have back up lights but I do have the switch. I suspected a problem down at the switch. I found that someone had not refastened the wire bundle clamp and that the bundle was melted against the exhaust. The backup wire was shorting there. I replaced the clamp and now the wires dont touch the exhaust.
I'm almost ready for HAN!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Bill! Current plans have me headed up sometime Thursday, probably mid day. I comming back Saturday or Sunday early. Boss has a cabin at South Lake but I may stay closer than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts