Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a chart showing the dimensions for Ford U-joints?
I have determined that the standard outter snap ring Ford joint is a 1310 spicer series, the HD and CJ use the 1330 series, and then there is the monster 1350 series....But I don't know the dimensions....

Then you start looking for a 65 Mustang joint.... 7 different joints in an early Mustang.... Enuf to drive a VMF'er to drink!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Best bet is to measure what you have and go to your local parts store. If you give them all your measurements they can look it up in their books and get you what you need. Good Luck

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh! Ain't that simple...

My local parts guy would pass out if I told him I needed a pinion yoke for a Ford 9" with a Daytona pinion support with "this" U-joint....

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
You need a new parts guy. When I replaced the rear end in my 69 I measured the diameter of the caps and width of the yokes took it to the local Advanced Auto and they looked up in their book and brought out the one I needed.

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the advice, please read the previous posts, I am not looking for a U-joint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts