Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found some discs off a 78 or 79 granada for 50 bucks. good deal or no? is it worth it? im gonna pick them up tomarrow and need some opinions. what else do i need? i was gonna use my MC until i got a dual MC.

Corpus Christi TX

·
Supporting Vendor
3,961 Posts
That is a good deal if they are usable. I pay $125.00 for the set-up at
pick-N-pull. Don't put them on without all the parts. Besides the MC you
will need a different preportioning valve. I got a adj. type from Jim at
Mustangs plus. You will also need a different outer tie rod to fit the
spindle. Call Jim at 1-800-999-4289 and he can get you all the parts
you will need. There is some work to be done with the brake line also.

It's not a Windsor!http://home.earthlink.net/~myradpc/_uimages/turn4.JPG

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i just bought 2 sets [junkyard-getting ready to crush]50 a set. the rotors were ok/so i turned those[big savings] pads are cheap/calipers14-15 dollars each.i replaced mine/and u will need to use the granada hoses [longer than mustang]i replaced those 2//its great way to go i think/atke look at all ball joints while u r that close/unf.mine were bad//good luck/gotten no further yet//mc and prop.valve upcoming as above use granada outer tie rod ends/prob. new ones.

neverending<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by gmshifflett on 04/18/01 07:33 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a good price to me. Also, instead of a different tie rod end, MustangSteve makes bushings for this conversion!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy!!!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I agree the tie rods are beefier on a Granada than on a 65-66 Mustang. Mine fit the originals if you want to use originals, but I understand wanting to use the Granadas. they only cost a few bucks more than my bushings. However, the bushings were really designed for the applications that CAN NOT use a Granada tie rod end. The bushings will allow you to use the original tie rod on the driver side of power steering equipped 65-66 Mustangs. There is not a replacement Granada tie rod that will fit that application. Mustangs Plus offers a custom tie rod for that ap, but it costs $90.00. A bushing is a good compromise there. Also, the bushings will allow the Granada spindles to fit 6 cylinder cars without changing out the entire steering system to v-8, which gets very expensive. The Granada tie rods will not fit into the adjusting sleeves on 6 cylider cars, so the bushings are a big savings there. Bottom line: Use the Granada tie rods if they will fit, otherwise, a bushing will do the job. They are chromoly steel and precisely machined to fit, so there is no worry of any failure possibilities. And they only cost $20 each.

MustangSteve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts