Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know about putting granada disc brakes on a 66 fastback...thanks,todd

·
Premium Member
6,902 Posts
Mustang Monthly has several articles on it. You need the spindles outward, plus the outer tie rod ends. There is a new power brake set up from several Mustang dealers that would make a good pedal set-up to go with it. Has some trouble with style steel wheels.

Bob Hendrick
[email protected] ebay +82
1514 Braeburn
Richardson TX 972 783 4731

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there. Here is an address to a great message board site run by 'MustangSteve' who has all kinds of info on this very subject. Look at the posts and responses section and you'll find some info there. But the heart of the matter can be found at the top of the page entitled 'Install Granada disc brakes'. Here you can find a step by step guide to picking out the correct parts, installing the parts, what you'll need for a v-8 mustang vs. a 6 cylinder mustang, etc... Great site, ran by a very knowledgeable 'Stanger, and visited by knowledgeable 'Stangers as well!!! Also, there is a link about retro-fitting power brakes onto Mustangs. Check it out!!!
http://members.boardhost.com/MustangSteve/

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased a kitted set of Granada disc brakes from Jerry Chaote at West Coast Classic Mustang. He's been in Mustang and Fords a few times - his car is very cool! It was very expensive....I would find parts myself the next time.

One thing to know is, pedal travel is increased...so if you expect 'tight' response to the brakes, think again! They travel about halfway before braking occurs. And boy does it stop the car! It's not jerky, just different than most other cars.

Thanks,

Mike
'66 Springtime Yellow Coupe
289, slightly warmed over
driven daily

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Take a look here for an article by Dan Jones on the swap...
It's fairly complete, although a bit dated, and should give you an idea of what's involved...

Good luck!

Pat
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/strtmstng002_sml.JPG

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts