Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have factory front disc and Vesailles rear Disc and want to know what Master Cylinder will work the best? Also what are you running? Power or Manual. What other applications will interchange?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The search tool is your most powerful friend.

I have a 84 SVO mustang master cylinder on my disc/disc setup.

check www.ultrastang.com for a aluminum option.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The search I did turned up only a few options. I did see yours by the way. Did you use the push rod from an 84 SVO also? Thanks, Duane

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I'm running this Classic Performance Products Street Rod Corvette style M/C on my disc/disc setup. Got it off Ebay:
http://www.midnightdsigns.com/Mustang/Rear/rear54.jpg

Install story is here:
Installing Rear Disc Brakes

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a part # or link to their website?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'm also running factory front disc and versailles rear disc. Like sloan, I also am using the 84 mustang svo cylinder. I used the 65 disc brake master cylinder push rod.

Wagner offers the 84 SVO cylinder in cast iron or aluminum.

The drawback to the 84 SVO master is that the brake lines exit from the passenger side of the cylinder.

B.T.W. You should use an adjustable proportioning valve.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
If you have the stock '65 proportioning valve for the stock '65 front disc and rear drums, you'll have to dump it and run the line from the master cylinder to a T fitting then to the front brakes and the other brake line go from the master cyl. to an adjustible prop valve then to the rear brakes.

Note: The Lincoln MK VII used a cast iron version of the aluminum SVO MC - make sure the MK VII MC isn't for the hydro-boost or anti-lock brake application.

Regards,

Dean T

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Ditto on the SVO MC in a disc/disc application.
I also used an `88 power booster from a 2.3 Fox Mustang :: Solves the pushrod problem ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see at Mustangs plus they show a 1 1/4 bore Master cylinder. Anyone know what application it is from?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I used my original pushrod.

I've been trying to find a 2.3 80's mustang vacuum booster also.

My brakes work, but they require some foot push/strength.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I belive the one Mustang's Plus sells is a Ford truck application. Can't be more specific than that though.

With a 1 1/4" M.C., pedal effort will be higher than with the SVO master. IMO, the effort required with the SVO is high enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts