Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though the pic is an unassembled view of the granada brake system, I did get the pieces to fit finally, after switching the dust shields to the proper sides. Then the calipers fit without clanking on the dust shields. There is an allen head screw, which when loosened, allows the caliper to be adjusted in and out to allow the brake pads to clear the rotor. The brakes are now assembled and are ready for the suspension when those parts arrive. The brake job went well overall. I would have had a finished pic, but I didn't take the camera to work today. Note the "poor mans cadmium coating" on the calipers. Alternating mists of silver and gold paint with gloss clearcoat to dull the finish.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Those look beautiful, Dan, glad you got them fixed. Ive done quite a few Granada swaps, you'll enjoy the stopping power. Now, arn't you glad we didn't switch jobs? The convertible is starting to come together, primer and lots of blocking today. Need to fit in a small patch panel tomorrow and finish the primering. Should be in the paint booth late tomorrow, if nothing else comes up. Let me know if you need any "advise" on those spindles (when its time to install.)

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the compliment Dean. Sounds like you have the bodywork well under control. The old man must be snapping the whip, hehe. Seriously, post a pic of the vert when you are done. We would love to see it! Have fun /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts