Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although this article is mostly about the "Primevil World" section of the 1964 World's Fair Ford Pavilion, it also has some interesting information about the pavilion's origins which I had not read before. Ford was trying to set themselves apart from Chevrolet marketing. (I posted a correction about a picture miscaptioned as "Ford Mustangs" which are not Mustangs. No update thus far.)

·
Registered
669 Posts
I was there in 64’ and rode the pavilion ride in a Mustang. 🍺
what was that like? I read about the hype and the marketing muscle Ford put behind it, but it's hard to separate fact from fiction. Was it really the sort of experience that everybody wanted to hear about? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

·
Premium Member
4,335 Posts
You know what you'd call the brunette between the two blondes in the front?
An interpreter.
That is a carload of my favorite kind of trouble, but I bet they don't look like that anymore!

·
Registered
37 Posts
what was that like? I read about the hype and the marketing muscle Ford put behind it, but it's hard to separate fact from fiction. Was it really the sort of experience that everybody wanted to hear about? Inquiring minds want to know! :)
Being a young son of a Ford Dealer I thought it was pretty neat. The set up and feel was a lot like Disney World. I also liked the GM pavilion but I never said so knowing at a young age where our meals came from.

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go the article linked above. There's an embedded video of the entire experience.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Here is the Magic Skyway:

Ford was originally going to name Mustang something else. The animal on the grill at 10:29 in the commercial shows what it was:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts