Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kept on playing the the horizontal and vertical box size settings on the display preferences, hoping it would make a difference when I'm displaying posts, but no dope. I finally figured out those are the size settings for when you are making a making a post: the box that you type your message in! Duh!

Now, I still haven't found a way to resize the fonts, other than changing the overall browser settings.

Still checking out the bells, whistles, and shorts on this new setup!

http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/flamicon.jpgLet me check your shorts! My multimeter is just a-waiting! Formerly known as Midlife in the old VMF.
King of the Old Farts *struts*

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
So it only, makes the box size different. Now if you can fiqure out how to make the font larger, that would be progress.

J. Boggs

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
While we are on the subject, on one of my computer when I try to preview or spellcheck, it kills the post leaving me with only the option of posting with typing errors or syntax problems.

What do you suppose would be the cause of that?

J. Boggs

G

·
0 Posts
It's not obvious from the preferences that Textarea refers to the box that you type the post in. Don't feel bad. The only clue is that in HTML forms, the large box for entering text is called a textarea but you'd have to know that fact first. Given that it's easier to figure out what those prefs are for.

I changed my skin to a large font one and the text is much easier to read now. Most of the skins have a regular and large font version

http://www.hurtle.com/cars/mustang/sig.gif
Please contribute to my Reproduction Parts Rating Site

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
This may be a bit too basic for the problem at hand, but IIRC Internet Explorer or Netscape will resize fonts and the display area to fit the available window. If the browser window is not maximized, that could cause the fonts to appear small. I am running IE 5.0 via Windows 2000 Professional on a Dell Dimension T700 with a 17" monitor in 1024x768. I use the desert skin and the fonts are just fine (I actually had to stop using the large font because it was too big).

Windows will also substitute a font if the font specified is not installed on the local PC. One way to check the font is to save the page to an HTML file and then view the source through Notepad or Wordpad and look for the font specification near the top of the page. Viewing the HTML source through the browser has not worked for me on this board, but that's another possibility.

Don't know if any of this will help, but thought I'd throw it into the discussion just in case.

BP
1969 Mach 1
1965 A-Code Convertible

1 - 5 of 5 Posts