Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy I learned a lesson tonight. Don't bother to enter your Mustang in a show done by the local Firebird and Camaro club. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind losing, but when you loose to cars that are just plain tacky it leaves you feeling like you missed something. Almost all of the cars there were late model. It was just like being in the parking lot at the mall. These guys who weren't even born until after 1980 voting on the best 60's car.

And furthermore, there should be a law that a car show trophy should NEVER be given to a Honda Civic. What has the world come to???

Thanks, I had to vent. I guess I'll just have to be more careful about which Cruises to attend.

1966 GT Convertible (see it at:http://www.geocities.com/tbeamguard/66GT.html)
1969 Sportsroof (which is For Sale, by the way)

G

·
0 Posts
Don't let it bother you!! That's not a REAL cruise anyways!! hehehe.

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
I typically only put mine in benefit shows, just because of what you are describing, then you don't expect anything because all of the benefits go to the needy. My dad has a '32 3 window coupe, w/1948 merc flathead, etc, the last show he put it in was the World of Wheels in Santa Barabara about 20 years ago. He was put in the same class a a porsche turbo 911....Yup, we've all been there. Surprisingly enough, at these benefit shows, the judging is usually fairly honest from what I've seen. But we can all relate!

Jeff
Member: Flatheads ain't so bad association
Never trust an over 40 Chevy owner association (They have to cheat to win)

G

·
0 Posts
I saw the "factory muscle car" class in a local show won by a 1978 Chevette, no I didn't mis-spell Corvette. The thing had no hood, a blown 355, wheelie bars and a chute. I don't think I ever saw that in a list of factory options. Local shows can be a hoot as long as you don't take em serious.

68 restomod coupe (sold)
69 Mach1
67 coupe - Son's

·
Registered
330 Posts
I went to a cruise in at a Big Boy's Reastaraunt last summer hosted by the local Corvette club...WHAT A JOKE!!!.
A bunch of doctors and lawyers driving in in mostly new and late model vettes just as they bought them.
They even had the nerve to tell me with my 65 and my cousin with a Ford T-bucket that we had to park in the corner away from the Vettes.
Well after checking with the store manager who said he was told that this was to be a Cruise in for ALL cars and not just Vettes we showed up the next week with a LOT of friends and thier cars.
Now it is rare to see any of these A-holes come out to the weekly show now.
Where is the pride in showing a car you don't even work on yourself, heck I bet they even pay someone to wash 'em

1965 Mustang coupe
1961 Thunderbird
1983 Monte Carlo Conv.
Yeah, thats right...Convertible!!! With flamethrowers!!!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
The weekly cruise-in at Heberts Candy Mansion in Shrewsbury, MA is also hosted by a Corvette club, but these guys are in it for the charities that benefit each week and they all seem to enjoy nice vintage cars of any type. It's true that most of their 'Vettes are bone stock, but I doubt this crew pays anyone to wash them. The only bennie they give themselves is to reserve the two rows that entering cars have to pass between for their 'Vette parking. But I look at that as the 'Vettes standing honor guard for all the other vintage cars arriving for the show.

Our Ponies
http://www.ultranet.com/~bpratt/images/Mach1painted.jpg http://www.ultranet.com/~bpratt/images/65vert.jpg

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I stay away from car "shows" in general. I prefer the neighborhood "cruise-in". I'd rather talk to the guy that put in his own cam than the guy who shines his muffler bearings. Most of the "shows" around here are full of HIGH dollar cars with some high brow keepers. I'll be attending 2 or 3 organized cruises this summer, and hope to have an informal 1 or 2 at my place with "eljimbo" and "68GT390FB4sp". I figure with three vintage Mustangs in front and 3 guys in lawn chairs with beers, can't help but attract some attention. After Memorial Day the fridge in the garage is always stocked.

65 FB "J" 302 lots of mods. 94 GT K&N only.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/view?u=1590489&a=12113030&p=43871256&Sequence=7&res=high.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Even as a Honda Accord owner (put your guns down!) I would have to agree - no Civic should win a car show (even a Honda Civic show!). Then again, a Civic winning a Chevy show might be okay . . . :)

Doug

http://www2.dmci.net/users/dbowman/mustang1.jpg

'66 signal flare red coupe with styled steel wheels
289 4bbl. w/ power steering, brakes, and A/C
White interior with a bench seat, deluxe seatbelt option, and an extra seatbelt in the back for my three kids . . .

·
Registered
239 Posts
BEWARE OF THE GOOD BUDDIES CLUB SHOWS, I LIKE TO TAKE MY FORD 58 CUSTOM 300 TO CLASSIC CHEVY FILLED THINGS AND BE AN A_____E "LOL"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts