Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Distributor advice !!!!!!!!

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  65stang3 
#1 ·
i have unusual configuration on my 66 fastback:

- E7TE-CA 5.0 HO roller late engine (with 50 oz harmonic balancer of course)
- V timing cover
- water pump the passenger side output (as OEM)
- 4V intake C5OE 9425-C
- HEI distributor (this is really big and I hate it)

I want a distributor that looks original. Any advice?

By the way, I have OEM rally pac (I think they are not compatible with electronic ignition)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
How about an original Autolite distributor with a Pertronix Ignitor ? Mine works great with an original Rally Pac. Or a Pertonix billet distributor? I think there are tons of small-cap options. I don't like the Chebby-looking stuff sticking out of the front of my Blue Oval Beauty.

#3 ·
Original ford motorcraft distributor with points and steel gear, original ford motorcraft distributor with pertronix upgrade and steel gear, pertronix distributor with steel gear, duraspark II 85 mustang gt manual trans distributor, take your pick.

Reactions: myfirstcar66
#9 ·
The pertronix distributor will work fine, in fact it's what I have in my 98 5.0. It comes with a steel gear so if you're using the ford cam you'll want to keep that on instead of using a cast gear. The coil you linked I don't know much about but from the specs I see, it should work. I went with the flamethrower I coil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.