Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sick of this. It seems like every manufacturer, in their haste to cut costs, produces terrible distributor caps. They all seem to fit sloppy, and one look at the contacts is all that is needed as proof of poor quality.

So far, this is on my list of caps NOT to buy: Motorcraft, GP Sorenson, Niehoff, and the latest, Summit's $10 "blue" Ford cap.

The only cap that has met with my approval was an Accel cap. It lasted me close to 5 years (probably 40K miles or so).

So, question, what caps has everyone been using, and what is your overall assesment of their quality?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I use the Standard Blue Streak cap. #FD129X

G

·
MSD brother! If you want a good cap, just open the box & see if it has aluminum or brass contacts. I've had my MSD on the race car since the early '90s & it still looks new!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I use Borg Warner ignition parts on driver cars. They are well made and use brass for cotacts. Can get them across the counter at local auto parts stores. Point or Electronic types.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I also vote for the Bluestreak cap. It is fiberglass reinforced phenolic with brass contacts. I believe Borg Warner has a similar product. Not sure of the BW cap quality, but overall BW is very good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts