Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of rebuilding the motor on my '66 GT Convertible and I just had the distributor rebuilt. When I got it back the vacuum advance had been changed to the type for a rubber hose and not the threaded solid tube type. The original one is bad. I have searched in numerous catalogs, auto parts stores, etc... and I cannot find one of the original threaded types. Does anyone know where I can find one of the original ones or what other alternatives are available? Thanks in advance for this great for and all of your help!

CM Jordan

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As long as we are on the subject, where would the vacuum hose run to? On my '68 coupe I have the fitting but no hose connected to it. Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
Vacuum hose goes to a port on the carb, where the vacuum is created at the venturi's and not in the manifold. The former is called Ported; the latter is unported. The latter has vacuum at all times; the former only has vacuum when you're sucking in more gas than at idle.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! I have one on the front of the dist advance (looks like a big nut) that goes where you say. I also have a nipple on the top of the dist advance... any idea where that one is suppose to connect?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts