Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1967 mustang coupe v8 289
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to find a new rubber hose for my distributor vacuum advance that runs to the carb. i searched online and checked all the major parts sites. can't seem to find one. mine is all chewed up and need a new one. anyone know where i can get one? 67 mustang 289

·
Registered
510 Posts
I just did a quick search of NPD catalog using "distrubutor vacuum line" and it came up with pages of lines and hoses. Or make one up yourself.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Any major auto parts store will carry the hose you need. You typically will purchase it by the foot.

·
Premium Member
6,098 Posts
Original on the 65-67 A and C code 289 was steel with threaded fittings for the distributor vacuum advance on one end and for the Autolite 2100 or 4100 on the other. If you still have the vacuum advance with the threaded port, get the steel or stainless line. If you have an aftermarket distributor vac adv with a nipple, use the rubber hose.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Original on the 65-67 A and C code 289 was steel with threaded fittings for the distributor vacuum advance on one end and for the Autolite 2100 or 4100 on the other. If you still have the vacuum advance with the threaded port, get the steel or stainless line. If you have an aftermarket distributor vac adv with a nipple, use the rubber hose.
Or you could get a hose barb nipple and use the rubber hose.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
. . . . or a combination of both!
I bend my own hard lines for both PCV and vacuum advance. Because it is all "aftermarket", I utilize rubber hose and molded ends to marry up to the nipples.

Reactions: Mustang4SF

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
It’s probably 5/32” rubber vacuum line .your local hardware store probably has it in stock

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have a c code. its a full rubber hose thats on there now. looks like its been on there a while. both ends are nipples. i have a 2100.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
You're correct. Windshield washer hose is typically a much thinner wall tubing. There may be versions that could be used, but why not buy the correct stuff.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're correct. Windshield washer hose is typically a much thinner wall tubing. There may be versions that could be used, but why not buy the correct stuff.
everything i find online are threaded metal tubes. i would get those if the ends on my carb or advance were threaded.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts