Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like an idiot i threw away the nozzle fitting along with the distributor vacuum advance when i replaced the diaphram. i'm astonished how hard this has been to replace. several trips to hardware & autoparts stores has yielded nothing: my thought was to replace it with a brass nipple fitting, but so far none are small enough. neither do i want to pay npd $12 + min shipping charge for a 'concours' correct part. is there a cheap & easy way to fix this that i've overlooked?

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
sounds to me that $12 dollars IS pretty cheap, when you take into account all of YOUR personal time you have wasted running around, the gas that was consumed WHILE running around - and not to mention precious mustang cruising time lost (priceless)... so I say my dear friend: "pony up the 12 bucks" ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seeing as it's my own fault for losing the fitting i might make the exception & eat the $18.50 to replace it, but if i had to pay $18 everytime to replace for what amounted to a single nut & bolt missing on the car my budget would be in serious trouble

1 - 4 of 4 Posts