Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Am seeking a distributor w/Vac to "play with" must have a drive gear suitable for use with a billet roller cam in 289/331. Have searched classifieds for recent postings, but no joy. Before I go to "eBate" thought I'd check with my neighbors here.
PM with opportunities.

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you check the normal NAPA, AutoZone, Advance type stores? They may still be available.
Thanks for the reply. Not seeking a new one. As I mentioned, am seeking one I can “play” with. Will purchase, reasonable.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
What does "play with" mean?

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What does "play with" mean?
Meaning, I want to experiment with a different curve and settings that offer a different “ all-in” of timing for any performance gains. It’s been 10 years since I Dynoed this motor and since then, I’ve added the dual Weber’s. Just something to “ play with”, I guess?

·
Registered
21,372 Posts
I'm using a MSD Melonized gear #85832. Verified with MSD that it would work with a Ford 5150 billet cam as well as a SADI hydraulic roller

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm using a MSD Melonized gear #85832. Verified with MSD that it would work with a Ford 5150 billet cam as well as a SADI hydraulic roller
Is it on the shelf and you can part with it? PM?

·
Registered
21,372 Posts
Or you can buy this distributor from AutoZone. I bought the same one for my planned Duraspark conversion. Don't let the price fool you. It's a really nicely made distributor! Comes with two caps or at least mine did. The vintage style has brass terminals. Included is a late model 2 piece cap as well. I believe it's a Spectra

https://m.autozone.com/external-eng...distributor-bdlg-fd30/194020_461250_4618?aqs=

1 - 10 of 10 Posts