Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have mandrel bent 2.50" exhaust system it makes for larger bending radiuses and due to my muffler selection, offset inlet and outlet was about the only option for a muffler with a body of 14" and over all length of 19". The problem in my case I had is the tailpipe was pretty close to the axle tube right were the vent bolt and brake block are. I had a single exhaust line that wasn't going to work. I ordered a SS braided brake line for dual exhaust. If anything this made things worse since the bracket relocates the block in front of the axle tube instead of on top. What's nice about the Earl's T, the single exhaust vent bolt fits perfectly. It has 3 3/8" IF ports and a AN3 fitting you can us

It became clear I was going to Frankenstein something. So I went on Speedway Motors and looked what they had. I ordered a T block made by Earl's along with a AN3 to 3/8" IF. The T has 3 ports, you can use the AN3 adapter in any port and a braided SS DOT hose with AN3 straight and 90° fittings. I actually ordered two, a 19" and 24" long, I wasn't sure exactly how long I would need. I was pretty sure 19" long would work and that's what I used.

Here's the parts list

Earl's T pn# 425-972054AERL. $15.09
19" braided line pn# 91031823. $14.99
3/8-24 female to AN3 adapter. $9.99

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Bonus points for the braided line! Did it happen to say for off road use only? I like the look!

·
Registered
9,218 Posts
I always got a kick out that DOT nonsense. Usually when the braided stuff doesn't pass it has to do with not complying
with the DOT "whip test." As in where the spindle departs the car and the braided hose pulls apart..... loss of brakes.
Last time I checked though, if a corner comes off the car, the least of your problems is loss of brake system.

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

Reactions: Caper50 and 2nd 66

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
you missed the DOT part
I always seem to miss the DOT part when I order the first line. Worst part is I hate when people post without reading the entire thread and now I am one of "them" I am unworthy

Reactions: Caper50 and 2nd 66
1 - 6 of 6 Posts