Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had searched here and across the Internet looking for a good way to mount my phone in my '68, and didn't really come up with much. Thought I would share what I have landed on that works really great and puts the phone in the perfect spot (at least in a 67/68, not sure how it would end up in other years).

Initially I didn't have a radio or A/C and started with a sticky / ring type mount and a Bluetooth speaker, which looked like this:

Phone was in a good spot, sound was OK, but the phone wobbled around a lot and everything was kind of a pain to set up before driving. Once I got A/C, I couldn't put the phone there anymore so I ended up with this:

It still worked but the phone was way out of reach and just a pain to use, plus it just looks unattractive when the phone isn't there. So then I got this (Amazon.com: Car Phone Holder, Zylee Dashboard Car Phone Mount Phone Holder Cell Phone Clip for Car Dashboard Compatible with iPhone XS/XS MAX/XR/X/8/8Plus/7/7Plus/6s Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7/Note 9 Google Pixel):

It did NOT work clipped on to the dash pad like it's designed for, but worked great clipped into the empty radio hole upside down with the phone mounted below. Then I installed an actual radio so that wasn't an option anymore, but I thought this is the perfect place for the phone to be, how can I make this work? So I cut off the part that clips to the car, zip-tied a Bagnet (Jennifer Bagnet – Bagnet™) (thanks wife!) to it, and it sticks solidly to the dash, holds the phone great in the perfect spot, and is easily removable for shows:

So maybe this will give some other folks some ideas on what to do with their phone in their classic Mustang besides stuffing it in the carpet seam (which I did for a while but damn it got hot). BTW I also used a Bagnet to attach the Bluetooth unit to the trans tunnel, pretty useful things.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Great idea! I've never found a good place to put the phone in the car. That's a great place to hang it to be able to glance at it for the navigation and it's close to the cigar lighter for power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts