Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted a new YouTube video on how I built my sequential LED taillights. The total cost came in at $27.85. I used the following parts from Ebay:

DC 12V Delay Timer Switch Adjustable Module 0 to 10 Second
Qty - 4
Price Each - $1.72

2PC Red Motorcycle Truck LED Light Rectangle Reflector Tail Brake Marker Trailer
Qty - 3 (sold in pairs)
Price Pair - $6.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bjWRSqofeE

Here is the wiring diagram I created:

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Nice. The lights will sequence once when you hit the brakes.

I think you have them going a little too fast (need more delay). You need to add the cost of the electronic flasher and a bit of wire but still a bargain. I wonder how those time delay relays respond to variations in line voltage. In the demo your power supply probably puts out a rock steady 13VDC but you car's electrical system wont. :thumbsup:

Paul

·
Registered
621 Posts
That's cool! I would think someone could come up with a similar schemetic and board with a 556 timer chip and use them to trigger an SCR or something similar to drive the LED tail lights... then put it on a smaller board and not have the clicking or have to find room for those 2 timer boards.

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,548 Posts
Nice work.

In your demo, I did not see a brake light application when the sequential turn signal is also actuated. Does the sequential turn signal override the solid brake light when they are both actuated ?

·
Registered
Mustang GT Fastback 351W/396 stroker
120 Posts
Great article;
I ordered my time relay switches. Looking forward to do mine for my 1967 FB GT.
Thanks again
Vietman vet 1968/69

1 - 12 of 12 Posts