Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting at the stoplight today and the family van pulls up next to me and yells "Do a burn-out!". I look at them and yell back "at $200 a tire I don't do burn-outs!". Unless your a uber-hot chick of course. Every rule can be bent a little...Anyone else have this happen to them at stoplights? Crazy stuff happens in those couple minutes your sitting there, let's hear it!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
With owning a musclecar comes obligation. We musclecar owners are definitely a fortunate crowd, as many will never have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of such a car. So, next time you're sitting at a light, and receive such a request from someone just wanting a taste of what you're able to experience each time you get behind the wheel of that sweet '69...make their day and give the people what they want!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Aw, come one, what's a little rubber left on the asphalt?! It's not like you do it every day--those tires are probably going to check and the rubber will rot/harden long before you actually wear the tread off of them. }:|

·
Premium Member
19,235 Posts
That's why I bought cheap tires, ones that don't have outstanding dry traction. For a garage queen, lightening up the tires every once in a while is therapeutic.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Light them up!!!

Why bother with Trac-Loc set ups and beefed up HPs if you are not going to let er rip once in a while.

The wife thinks I drive a bit too aggressively in either of my 'stangs. I tell her that it is bad too not push it a bit.. :)

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
65fast said:
Man, I would have dropped the hammer!

:burnout:
Absolute ditto.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
hahaha, muscle car fans love the smell of rubber... gotta let em have it from time to time!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My past hammer dropping is still costing me with the insurance premiums. Kent cops are merciless. :skullnbones:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
that's true, bored cops are the most ruthless

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I'm the same way. I get pulled over enough without giving them an excuse. In my neck of the woods, doing that is a pretty sure fire way to get yourself a wreckless driving ticket.

Last summer, I was coming back from a car show, and had to drive right through the center of Citrus Heights (land of the worst a$$hole cops on the planet). I have some idiot with his little son in the car pull up next to me and say "Hey, light them up!" I just looked at him, and said, "No, way. Not in Citrus Heights!". At the next light he starts cursing at me because I won't break the law in this God forsaken city for his little kid. I tried to be the better example for his kid and just shook my head, and told him, it wasn't going to be him paying the ticket or the higher insurance premiums. If his kid hadn't been in the car, I would never have been so subdued!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I hear that alot. Hey when I was younger I would have smoked the tires for a city block. Now most of the time I just drive off if I am in town. If outside the city limits well lets just say smoke has rolled out of the wheel wells more than once.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
A few years ago, I went to the Coldwater, MI Mothers Day weekend event. They do a Sat afternoon cruise/parade through town, with a reviewing stand manned by a live radio broadcast from the local station. Just past the stand, some of the hot shoes were lighting 'em up as they passed a crowd of (mostly) kids. When my turn came, I had to disappoint them by yelling, "Sorry, no-can-do. 2.75 rear end." It sounded as if at least some of them understood.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I'm sure most of us are guilty of this one... Now married with kids I am much more resposible but I still enjoy an occasional burnout when its safe. My 4 yr old told SWMBO once " I like when daddy goes ERRRRRRR ! " wife wasn't so impressed.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I was driving a non-Mustang musclecar (69 1/2 Dodge Superbee 440 six pack), and had someone ask me to do that. I shook my head no because there was a cop in the lane next to me back two or three cars. We get to the next light, and the cop is next to me. The people are still asking me to do a burnout! Then the cop in the passenger seat sticks his head out the window and starts pumping his arm and yelling "Burn 'em off!". I looked at my buddy in the passenger's seat and said "Can you believe this?" Then I proceeded to lay a patch to the next light. :jump:

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Be careful. My boys pushed me into doing a burnout on a frontage road. It was about a five second burnout.
During said burnout I notice a state trooper off to the right, then a cop dead ahead, and if that wasn't bad enough another cop behind the state trooper. All within a half block of me, well within the audible range.
Nobody pulled me over? Normally wearing cloths that don't match, is reason enough to get pulled over in this town.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Cruise said:
I was driving a non-Mustang musclecar (69 1/2 Dodge Superbee 440 six pack), and had someone ask me to do that. I shook my head no because there was a cop in the lane next to me back two or three cars. We get to the next light, and the cop is next to me. The people are still asking me to do a burnout! Then the cop in the passenger seat sticks his head out the window and starts pumping his arm and yelling "Burn 'em off!". I looked at my buddy in the passenger's seat and said "Can you believe this?" Then I proceeded to lay a patch to the next light. :jump:
Thats the type of thing that dreams are made of :drool:

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
last summer i was at the one of the local cruise nights and as I was leaving I notice there was a lot of people standing around at the exit of the cruise. Now I'm thinking why are all these people just standing around and not looking at the cars. As I pull ouot I notice the black marks all over the road and as it hits me as to why they are standing around around I hear what's that pony got and of course I just push the go pedal to the floor and proceed to leave my mark as others had before me. The best part was my three old boy kept telling me to do it again. That made my day. My daughter was the same when she was younger.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts