Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so it's 9:30 on Saturday and I'min the office - that does suck.
BUT . . . last week my boss called me into his office and we discussed some marketing we'll be doing in Dallas. I agreed to take the new assignment and he stated, "there will be a company car in this for you. How about a new Mustang?" Well, I'm certain not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, but y'know there's more than one type of "new" Mustang.

He suggested a GT (he's into cars and motorcycles, but mostly foreign stuff. Figuring he may have been unaware of the new strides Ford has been making). . . I countered that the 2003 Cobra's were coming out this spring.

His reply? "See if you can find a dealer with one in town."

I am dancing the funky chicken, but I think I may be in for a bit of a wait as the one dealer in town who is NOT adding a $5000 mark up has a waiting list of over 25. Hell, I've been driving the same truck for 8 years, I can wait.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that depends on what it is that you do and how good you are at it. ; )

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, people have got to eat.

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Can you steal Eldarado's with a ton of cocaine in the trunk too? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are a baaaaaaaad man!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
LOL You guys are too funny. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
Congrats Red, that will SURE be some fun. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What are the work opportunities like over there in the USA. I finish my degree in Information Technology at the end of next year and was thinking about moving over. And no I won't be bringing my Mustang, I'll let my dad have it for a while, maybe it will convince him to get rid of his chevy silverado!!!

Cheers
Joe

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Right now, they aren't good for someone coming into the country. Because so many layoffs have occured, the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) is really pushing back on hiring of non-citizens, at least in certain areas. I have a couple of guys from India in my group and I had to justify why they weren't on the last RIF (Reduction In Force) list in place of U.S. citizens, because the company had to justify it to the INS.

·
7,080 Posts
Company cars are way cool. If you figure what that perk is actually worth...I'd say somewhere betwwen 6 and 10 k per year. I get one. Unfortunately I have to have a truck and something I can haul 2 or 3 extra people around. So that pretty much means I'm stuck with an SUV. Otherwise, I'd be looking at new mustangs too.

BTW if he won't go the full monte for the Cobra, don't forget about the Mach I, it'll be priced between the Cobra and the GT and I actually like it better...except it doesn't have a supercharger /forums/images/icons/frown.gif. Of course, you could add that later /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

Good luck in the big D.

Phil

·
4,136 Posts
I have to agree, you do have a cool /forums/images/icons/cool.gif boss. Although I do not think that I would want you job however /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif in the office on a Saturday nite /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif yuck. IIRC You job requires you to travel a lot, or am I thinking of someone else that jumps on a plane 5 days a week. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif I travel too, but only a few times a month. fd

my work truck

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's me with the traveling.
My boss has expressed some concern that I might (a) kill myself inthe car; (b) lose my license; or (c) be concerned about the mileage I'd be putting on her.

I explained that I would not damage the car and therefore would not kill myself in the car, that my boyfriend works for the Austin PD so I shouldn't lose my license, and that the highway driving I do does not put the stress on an engine like racing Ricer's on I-35 would (which of course I awould never do).

He's currently working a deal with a local Ford dealership!

Weee-heee!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts