Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if this is bordering on car stalking but, yesterday after work i went outside to drive home and there was a 68 red coupe there. and seeing how my favorite sound in the world is a great sounding car, i waited about 5 or so minutes to hear the guy start up the engine. i said nice car, and told him how i was saving for a 67. he asked if i knew the difference between a 67 and 68, and he drove off with his lovely dual exhaust, lol. has anyone else done this or am i crazy. oh and theres a 67 coupe by my house that ive been dying to see up close but they have a gate around their house. the other day he was outside mowing his lawn so i took the initiative. i called out, hey is it possible to get a close up look at your 67. he said, why? i said well i love mustangs and just wanted to see it up close. he let me in and ended up talking my head off but half of what he said i couldnt understand because he was, i think phillipino, with an accent, i appreciated it any ways. any stories for me?
thanks

alex

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Im quite certain I dont want to hear how lovely you found his dual exhausts to be.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Sounds like mild case of "Mustang Fever" and I'm pretty sure they haven't found a cure for this yet... ::

·
Registered
309 Posts
You certainly did the right thing asking first.

Please don't go overboard as one guy did with my car at the video store. I was checking out - looked out the window and a guy had his head completely inside my car through the driver's window. Needless to say I rushed out and was not real kind to him as I thought he was trying to steal it. He finally told a story that he just wanted to see what one looked like on the inside.

Hope you get your dream car soon!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice, btw i mean the how lovely the sound of the exhaust was, lol.

·
Registered
10,003 Posts
Gee, at car shows when somebody shows that much interest in my Shelby, if they have a camera, I'll tell them to sit in it, and then I take their photo with their camera.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't mind people admiring my '69 at all. But one day, I woke up to noises outside of my apartment. Well, my landlord was there with the fixer-upper guy fixing a step outside. The landlord, who is quite a dick to everybody, was leaning on my car, putting his hands all over it, leaning inside, etc. Since I'm not too fond of the man, I went out there and told him not to touch my car. He left so many hand/finger/arm prints on the car. I was pissed.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive never touched a car ive seen. when kids do that at car shows it kinda makes me mad their parents dont tell them not to. ive only sorta stuck my head in to look at a car, lol, not completely looking inside though. i hate when people dont respect other peoples property. so noone has it as bad as me? wow i gotta tone it down alittle, lol.
thanks

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I followed a 71 Mach, in my car, for 4 blocks just to check it out all around. The driver of the Mach didnt even turn to look at mine ::

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok im not the ONLY one thats mustang crazy, lol.
thanks i thought i was the only one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts