Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
I wouldn't touch that one with a 100' pole. That deal is bordering on criminal fraud.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
Pure fraud. He needs to be reported to the Az authorities
From his pictures it doesn't appear he's welded the VIN's into the aprons yet. Hence the reason I said "bordering on criminal fraud". But if they are welded in, I agree with you.

At any rate, he wants way too much for what he has.

Reactions: 66whitepony

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The thing that interested me is the body. He says it is a new body. Why does it not have a floor or cowl in it? Looks like brackets have been welded in, the spare tire hold down for example? After looking at it again, it has no engine compartment either. I believe he assembled the body from reproduction panels.

·
Registered
602 Posts
From his pictures it doesn't appear he's welded the VIN's into the aprons yet. Hence the reason I said "bordering on criminal fraud". But if they are welded in, I agree with you.

At any rate, he wants way too much for what he has.
True, but the intent is there and implied. In my opinion, selling a cut out VIN is as close to fraud as you can get. I hate seeing this.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Hardtop
1,712 Posts
The thing that interested me is the body. He says it is a new body. Why does it not have a floor or cowl in it? Looks like brackets have been welded in, the spare tire hold down for example? After looking at it again, it has no engine compartment either. I believe he assembled the body from reproduction panels.
There's also a cutout for a gas cap on the driver side sail panel.

·
I won a special award
7,409 Posts
Good luck getting $6,500 for a shell missing about half the metal and the VIN.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts