Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant see any reason for these holes in my 67, one on each side. My 65 doesnt have them.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 1/2" diameter. One on each side of the car.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
About 1/2" diameter. One on each side of the car.
The ones at the peak of the inner shock tower reinforcement? If yes, then yes, they belong there. Probably a factory jigging hole for spotwelding the shock tower components.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
I'm just wondering how the shock towers avoided being hacked for the grease zerks. Nice!

·
Registered
955 Posts
A lot of us took the time and effort to replace the stock zerks with 90* ones. It's actually easier than cutting holes (even with a torch).

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
A lot of us took the time and effort to replace the stock zerks with 90* ones. It's actually easier than cutting holes (even with a torch).
The only wrench Alemite technicians knew how to use were the blue tipped ones!

Reactions: DustyB

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
You're clearly using that torch wrong.

·
Premium Member
1968 coupe, 1968 vert, 1966 coupe
759 Posts
Under 10 second per side with a plasma cutter (not that it’s the right thing to do)

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
My Metuchen cars don't have the holes at the top of the shock tower reinforcement. I filled in the control arm torch holes on my 66 and added 90° zerks but the other cars I bought were un-cut.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
My car has the holes. January 67 Metuchen hard top.
Though apparently I don't take many pictures of the shock towers.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I cant see any reason for these holes in my 67, one on each side. My 65 doesnt have them.
Actually, no they don't. But then holes on my cars seem to move to where ever they want to be. Sorry, I couldn't keep my fingers from typing.

·
Registered
955 Posts
You're clearly using that torch wrong.
I guess, if I'm going to keep my Mustang, I should move my torch closer the car and keep it hooked up and ready to weld on parts (or cut off parts). I didn't have any problems cutting up 2 67 Cougars (cousins to Mustangs) to take to the scrap yard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts