Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of my dads came over the other day and tosses me two wrinkled up and dirty paper lunch bags and says here, I found these in my garage, should work for the new 66. So I open it up and there is a 6k tach and the clock with all the wiring sealed in plastic bags. Well my question is, does anyone know where I can find the housing for these two units? Everything else is available but this piece from what Ive seen in a few of the books.

·
Registered
858 Posts
well HELL arent u the luckiest son of a gun ive come across today :p lol, id say thats something that would never happen to me...that tach/clock u have is worth a couple of hundred bucks too ;)

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
IIRC, Dallas Mustang did own the tooling to reproduce them, but I never saw them selling just housings. I think that NPD (it might have been another vendor) bought the tooling and the rights (from Dallas) to repro them a couple of years ago, but has been struggling with trying to get the quality of the guages up to their standards without charging 2 arms and a leg (instead of just an arm and a leg). I have no idea if they intend to offer just the housings.

Somebody here can probably tell you for sure if it was NPD and if they offer the housings alone.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
I think it was Scott Drake that bought the toolings. I have not heard anything more about this more than what you have said.

G

·
0 Posts
paul is correct, scott drake bought the tooling , and is still having trouble working out gauge quality. plus the absorbtion of pro products has taken up alot of their time and effort. in the last year or two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts