Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's with all the facial sh*t dangling off employees faces almost everywhere you go now? I was just at Best Buy and was helped by a younger kid with 2 spikes sticking out of his lips and HUGE ear holes. I then went over to Wendy's for a sammich, and the gal at the window had rings in her eyebrows, nose, and lips. I guess I don't care if they want to put steel ralley wheels in their ears or a spear through their nose- just leave that crap at home while at a 'professional place of employment'. They used to make them wear band-aids over the stuff, so when did it become 'acceptable' not to? Of course there used to be dress codes, business attire, and 'recommended hairstyles', etc- where did all that go? I guess I just lose my appetite when ordering food from someone that looks like they fell headfirst into a tackle box. Then there's that whole pants around their knees so their Scooby-Doo britches are showing thing.

I'm guessing there are some really proud parents out there...somewhere....:shrug:

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
What's with all the facial sh*t dangling off employees faces almost everywhere you go now? I was just at Best Buy and was helped by a younger kid with 2 spikes sticking out of his lips and HUGE ear holes. I then went over to Wendy's for a sammich, and the gal at the window had rings in her eyebrows, nose, and lips. I guess I don't care if they want to put steel ralley wheels in their ears or a spear through their nose- just leave that crap at home while at a 'professional place of employment'. They used to make them wear band-aids over the stuff, so when did it become 'acceptable' not to? Of course there used to be dress codes, business attire, and 'recommended hairstyles', etc- where did all that go? I guess I just lose my appetite when ordering food from someone that looks like they fell headfirst into a tackle box. Then there's that whole pants around their knees so their Scooby-Doo britches are showing thing.

I'm guessing there are some really proud parents out there...somewhere....:shrug:
If that's middle america Iowa these days, imagine what it's like in NYC, Miami, or L.A.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
If that's middle america Iowa these days, imagine what it's like in NYC, Miami, or L.A.
There are areas and groups where it is more prevalent here in Miami. Guess I don't frequent those areas or am not part of those groups, I do not see it that much here. Maybe I'm just ignoring the minor stuff, but those big holes in the ears do catch my attention, and not in a good way... :surprise:

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
The company I work for sharply limits that kind of crap. I think policy says a single facial piercing. Got one girl I deal with occasionally with a little diamond in her nostril, tough to talk to her without staring at it. I keep wanting to whisper that she needs to wipe that shiny bugger off her nose.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I don't get it either, are places that hard up for employees that they have to let them look like this? My son is 20, and I think for the most part he dresses, acts, and thinks not much different than I did when I was his age...I guess I mean normal for his age...all his friends are the same also, none of them have any of the crap hanging off their bodies. See lots of them around though...

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
im not into body mutilations nor young kids with too much ink.
i see more and more young girls especially all inked up like they were
a walking bill boards at 16 or 17. im not even looking at the 8 piercings every which way.
this stuff is not reveresable for the most part.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I agree that it's not appropriate at a place of business that serves the public. A bar on Friday or Saturday night maybe.

this stuff is not reveresable for the most part.

I had a long talk with my 14 yr old daughter about tattoos and body piercings and this was my main point. I think it really sunk in when I asked her how she would feel if one of her GRANDMOTHERS was "sleeved":surprise:

·
Premium Member
10,807 Posts
peircings, dangling things, tattoos , spiked hair, colored hair, etc has been the norm on employees here in los angeles since the 80'. we never allowed the piercings on construction jobs for safety reasons.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I also wonder about the hygiene of some people.
Now days. I see a lot of young men looking like a homeless, lumberjack, castaway, caveman.
I don't get the "i haven't bathed or shaved in 2 years look".
AND.
Don't get me started on the man bun thing.
Are they trying to look like a retarded samurai?
I think all the face tackle people are going to drown when they are near water. So nature will take car of them at some point. You cant hold your breath with a face full of holes.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just as long as I don't go to a restaurant, and one of the kids is all the sudden frantically looking around for his missing facial tackle.....

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
In moderation, I don't care, it's their body, they can do whatever they want with/to it. I'm sure employers have gotten some legal advise about hiring based strictly on appearance. Unless there's a safety issue, it shouldn't be an issue. The people that take it to extremes, like the picture above, probably aren't going to be productive members of society anyway.

·
Premium Member
10,807 Posts
check out the amazon indians. i remember seeing a national geographic show many years ago about the amazon indians. they had lip plugs, piercings and nevermind !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Yeah, there's natives in 5th world villages that do way weirder things, and it's just their culture. Wouldn't surprise me if some people see those NatGeo shows and get ideas. Why is beyond me, but hey, not my body.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I think all the face tackle people are going to drown when they are near water. So nature will take car of them at some point. You cant hold your breath with a face full of holes.
You cracked me up with the "face tackle". I've never heard it called that before....I think I'll ask the next one I see if they will go fishing with me, just in case I lose my lure...I can borrow theirs...lol >:)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
My oldest son just turned 31. I still remember when both boys were young and started talking about getting an ear ring etc. I told them, "It Ain't Happening". I just get the urge to reach out and snatch stuff like that off...probably tearing it off would be more like it. Also, if they came home with a tatoo and I see it...they will have to sleep sooner or later and I will be waiting! I have some nice paint to cover that with...>:)

1 - 20 of 130 Posts