Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 69 Dodge Coronet 500 made into a superbee clone. Has 57,000 original miles. 6 pack hood, Superbee Stripe kit with bee on the grill.all body work has been done by a pro, new Red paint with white strip around the trunk. 360 ci engine, 4V wieland intake. The only thingg that it needs is new door panels as the last guy that had it cut them for speakers. The car was in a museum for several years, private collector..I have been dealing on this car and was wondering if anyone out there has some better ideas on the prices of these. Owner is asking $12,000 Canadian or about $7500 US...
Thanks for the help.. Give my Ponies something to talk about, lol. Don

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
According to the CPI Guide, a '69 Coronet 500 2-door hardtop is worth $7,950 in excellent condition (which means #1 concours, essentially) or $6,300 in Good condition (nicely restored). You'll need to decide how much the "cloning" is worth to you, but the price doesn't seem out of line for what you've described.

At least he's not trying to price it as if it were a real Superbee, which starts at $13K for a Superbee 383 in Good Condition and goes up from there.

·
4,128 Posts
On my way up to San Luis Obispo a few weeks ago I saw this cuda while I was in traffic. I took the pics from inside my Ranger, so well they look like pics that were taken from inside a car. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif I bet that her husband bought the cuda new back in '67. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif It looks to be 100% stock right down to the factory hubcaps.
http://a0.cpimg.com/image/DA/6A/11946970-4b2b-00800060-.jpg
http://a1.cpimg.com/image/DB/6A/11946971-26dc-00800060-.jpg
I like to see vintage iron on the road, even chebies and mopars. Don't want to own one, just like to look at'em. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif fd

·
Registered
264 Posts
Good Mopars are hard to find. At that price I guarantee you won't get hurt. Mopar prices have gone up consistantly for the last four years, probably because most are rust buckets. Make sure you inspect underneath for rust, bad floors and bad trunk. Unfortunately, Mopar parts aren't as readily available as Mustangs. Glass is difficult, as is some body panels and trim. Drive train is no problem, neither is interior. Numbers matching cars are bringing the most money. A numbers matching real Superbee would definately fetch over $20000. If that car was in Chicago I'd jump at spending $7500. The door panels could be difficult to find, but you can probably get them from Legendtary (sp) Interiors or Year One.

Jack
blktie

G

·
0 Posts
Id have to back up blktie on this one,i have a couple of mopars[440-6 challenger,GTS dart]and the cost of doing a mopar is outa sight,if that car needs anything fig at least 20% to 40% increase over a ford part
of the same type

Dave

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This one has been gone through completely and is in excellant condition. New partial quarters, floors were good as it was not in the salt or driven much during winter months. The interior is all original and only needs door panel replacement due to the speakers, otherwise it is a great looking Mopar
Don

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I also collect Mopars and have had a number of them over the years.

The thing that bothers me most is the fact that the car has a small block in it. Now don't get me wrong, a 360 is a good engine. It is just not appropriate for a SB clone. Minimum requirement for a 69 is the 335 hp 383.

If it had a proper B or RB engine in it, it would probably be worth the asking price. IMO, the engine would queer the deal for me.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car was originally made with a 318 which he still has.He installed the 360 which was not available that year. Yes.the 383 or bigger would be better. The bigger motors are not hard to come by up here if I did want to change it. I will find out today if I am going to buy or not.Made him an offer so will see what happens.
Thanx for the help
Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts