Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here's the deal, I burned out with the tire and wheel guide and by extension helping people with it after 16 or so years because of reasons :shrug:.

I'm thinking it is about time to bring it back since I've actually never stopped helping people, but I've been a lot less visible since I was doing it on facebook PMs ;)

I had a small epiphany in the shower this morning on how to do it so I will be bringing it back in a different form/function than the PDF based document. I am thinking of jumping it into youtube as a help video.

If you think this is a great idea....then as a shameless plug please pop over to my channel
https://www.youtube.com/dodgestang (Main channel)

And click on one of the playlists (like Mini-Feed Compilations), watch one and subscribe.

I will be working on the first video which will feature revamped wheel charts that can be viewed on the channel and other useful content during January 2019

If you think this is a great idea....you can also help by sounding off with your own combo in this thread....wheel size (front back), wheel backspacing, tire size (front back), tire brand, suspension used (front/back - spring rates, leaf count, shocks, etc), anything else important you need to mention (rolled lips front/back, alignment specs, rear end width, etc), year of the car (rather important)

Buying wheels and tires is one of the most asked questions in the vintage mustang community and the more details we can share with others people looking for good wheels/tire combos, the better.

If you think this is a bad idea.....feel free to sound off. My external membrane has been rejuvenated after my time off.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
I'd go for that.

1966 Mustang GT, 16x8 4.5 backspace front & rear, Kumho Victoracer V700 225/50/16, stock contour and opening fiberglass front fenders, Global West upper and lower arms, approximately 1" lower than stock.
1968 Mustang, 16x8 4.5 bs front/rear, Kumho Ecsta 225/50/16, stock factory fenders, Global West tubular upper & lower arms, approximately 1" lower than stock ride height.

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Hey Nick good to see you around, hope all is going well with you and the family. Sounds like a good idea to me.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

·
Administrator
19,620 Posts
These days YouTube seems to be considered the repository of all human knowledge these days. At least by the younger crowd. I've already had a discussion with a youngster who looked everything up on YouTube. I wasn't terribly surprised he didn't know what an encyclopedia was but he didn't even seem to be aware of Wikipedia! If you can't beat em'... :)

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
So here's the deal, I burned out with the tire and wheel guide and by extension helping people with it after 16 or so years because of reasons :shrug:.

I'm thinking it is about time to bring it back since I've actually never stopped helping people, but I've been a lot less visible since I was doing it on facebook PMs ;)

I had a small epiphany in the shower this morning on how to do it so I will be bringing it back in a different form/function than the PDF based document. I am thinking of jumping it into youtube as a help video.

If you think this is a great idea....then as a shameless plug please pop over to my channel
https://www.youtube.com/dodgestang (Main channel)

And click on one of the playlists (like Mini-Feed Compilations), watch one and subscribe.

I will be working on the first video which will feature revamped wheel charts that can be viewed on the channel and other useful content during January 2019

If you think this is a great idea....you can also help by sounding off with your own combo in this thread....wheel size (front back), wheel backspacing, tire size (front back), tire brand, suspension used (front/back - spring rates, leaf count, shocks, etc), anything else important you need to mention (rolled lips front/back, alignment specs, rear end width, etc), year of the car (rather important)

Buying wheels and tires is one of the most asked questions in the vintage mustang community and the more details we can share with others people looking for good wheels/tire combos, the better.

If you think this is a bad idea.....feel free to sound off. My external membrane has been rejuvenated after my time off.
You might get a few comments from this thread: https://forums.vintage-mustang.com/wheel-tire-forum/1149416-post-up-your-wheel-tire-spec-s-along-picture.html

·
Registered
543 Posts
Good stuff. Don’t know ya, but glad you’re back! I’ve used your charts and posts several times over the past few years. Yet to settle on a set of wheels, so I’ll likely be asking more questions. Happy New Year!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hey Nick- welcome back! Watched some videos and subscribed.. Happy New Year!

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Great to hear of your return and I am sure we all will look forward to the new medium/format. I will certainly take advantage of the data for my own plans to upgrade wheels and tires in the near future.
Good luck with the new YouTube format and I wish you all the best!

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
921 Posts
Welcome back sir, I haven't been on much lately either and happy to contribute since your chart helped me figure mine out.

1968 Fastback- stock control arms with SoT adjustable struts, 1" drop front coils and slightly rolled fenders, 1" drop 5 leaf mid-eye rear springs. 17x8 Bullitt wheels with 5.72" BS (copy of the 99-04 GT spec wheels) with 1" spacer in front. No spacer in back but I did cut off the tabs sticking out from the axle bumper bracket for aesthetics. 255/40/17 Nitto NT555 tires all four corners with plenty of space. I have test fitted 04 Cobra 17x9 wheels with 275 tires in back and there is plenty of room.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts