Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on? What can we do to help get that thing back on the road?

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
John, I'm up in Rising Sun
I have new heads arriving on Friday.
And TFOB from Michigan is going to send me a block.
Then I have to drop it off at the machine shop.
Then find out what size over bore it will need and order pistons.

I am paying the shop to do the long block.

And then hopefully sometime in Sept it will all be back in the car.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal. Didn't see anything from you tonight and just wanted to make sure you were ...still around... Didn't want to read anything in the newpaper tomorrow.. Sure wish I had some C stuff left over from the BOSS351 car for you, but it's long gone. Still ready to offer some labor. I'm going to be gone the last week of Sept. Other than that, I'm wrenching and buying the beer......

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
just curious if you plan on mating the 4 bolt caps to the 2 bolt block as I and others suggested ? and also how did you fare with speedOmotive ? did you call and try to get any kind of reparations ? just curious. sending all my good vibes out to ya! you need them more than I do....

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
1. Yes I am going to have the block drilled/tapped and use my 4 bolt caps

2. I talked to speedomotive Tuesday, they said they would call on Wednesday, no dice, so I will call today if I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Good to see you staying with the dream. Any chance you can get it dyno tuned and broken in before it goes in car? I know it sounds crazy. Well, I am crazy.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
great! be a shame to waste those caps especially after all the effort/time/money you've put in it. I'd suggest a crank scraper and windage tray to help oil control if you didn't already have those and paying alot of attention to the oil passages at the back of the block. my brother and I ran one in a maverick for a few years and fried the 1st 2 blocks/cranks before we ran an oil line from the filter pad to the back of the block. it made a BIG difference, for us anyway. all my luck with speedO, hopefully they'll give good customer satisfaction. I'm sure you'll let us know how it turns out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts