Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a couple of screws from AMK. On their website, AMK lists California Mustang *and* NPD as distributors. This seems to be something of a surprise to Cal-Mu and NPD.

Hmph.

Steve

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I knew I could order directly, but I was trying to avoid spending $6 in shipping for $6 in expensive screws. I'll try B-K.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
I know NPD is a distributor. I often buy the AMK hardware from them to save shipping costs. They come in the exact same packages as if you ordered directly from AMK.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Steve,

NPD is a distributor of selected AMK products. The key is selected, not all. Any of the concours attaching hardware listed in the NPD catalog are AMK products. My guess is you are in need of less common attaching hardware pieces. If this is the case you will most likely have to order straight from AMK (minimum $15.00 order).

The major parts suppliers are only going to carry what sells, not every item in a product line. That's just good business. Sorry.

Why don't you post what you need. Including myself, there may be a few VMFers who might have what you need or be willing to share in an minimum $15.00 AMK order.

Regards,

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I went through the same thing last week at NPD (trying to save shipping also). It seems they stock only some AMK stuff, but I had to place my order with AMK directly to get what I wanted.

Good news, I ordered them on 7/25 and recieved on 7/26. Not bad for VA to MI.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the redistribution costs of such an order would outweigh the utility of reaching the minimum order. Besides, by the time I organized people enough to get their orders and their money, and took the time to repackage and remail everything, my patience would have reached an end!

Thanks for the thought, though.

Steve

·
Registered
577 Posts
Just wondering about all the mentions of going to NPD to save on shipping costs. They have a minimum $6.50 shipping charge (if order is over $300.00 they ship free but not all items qualify for this). I've dealt with NPD a number of times and usually try to wait till the bill will be $65.00 or more (I live in NY State and over $65.00, the shipping cost is 10% of the order). I feel your pain with a small order (having to pay as much for shipping as for the part you need). I've had to make "small quantity (low bucks) purchases from NPD and they never budged on the shipping charge.
Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts