Vintage Mustang Forums banner

181 - 200 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
That's a tasty looking BBQ spread. But I have to admit no matter how much I've tried I just can't get a taste for Salmon.
I get that. We very rarely have fresh salmon, but I can take down what seems like an entire filet of smoked salmon in a heartbeat. But definitely a “love it or hate it” kind of thing.

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
My 12-year-old is quite the little experimental chef and he's making a scratch-made tomato sauce for stuffed pasta shells and cover them with blended cheeses. We'll see if he can manage this and not burn his garlic bread.

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
Mom burned the garlic bread a little. I ate it anyway.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Garlic bread under the broiler is a family joke. It's that old, not quite, not quite, not quite, not quite... almost... "I'm going to stop looking for six seconds..." BURNT!

The pork looks amazing. What's your procedure? Do you wrap it foil ever or just do it completely out in the open the whole time?

The lunch beef looks good too. What cut is that? My dad used to cook "london broil" (I realize it's a procedure, not a cut of meat but that's what we always called it) on the Weber grill many nights per week.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Pulled pork had a combo of rubs and was injected. Put it on at a P7, so high smoke, and about 185°. I took it to 170, where it stalled, held it there for about an hour. Pulled it off, added more rub, honey, and brown sugar, wrapped it in butcher paper and took it to 205° at 225°.

Tonight it’s lake texoma striper from the weekend.
63B17972-77D1-4CDA-A14A-CFC01E478BE7.jpeg

F8FBC1F9-F936-488B-83A9-5E8C19B88B9F.jpeg

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
That's a good looking striper.

What's the deal with butcher paper instead of foil? I've been seeing a lot of recipes that call for it lately but I don't have any on hand.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts

What's the deal with butcher paper instead of foil? I've been seeing a lot of recipes that call for it lately but I don't have any on hand.
I don’t have any real reasoning for it, but I’ve tried it both and I think the butcher paper comes out better with the pork butt, but I still use foil for ribs.

We slayed them on Saturday. Caught our limit of 20 in about an hour and a half.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts

@jdub butcher paper allows some moisture to escape but still keeps the heat in, thus keeping your bark firm.
Aluminum foil keeps moisture in and tends to soften the bark.
If you decide to try it make sure you get butcher paper because it isn't coated with wax. Sandwich paper that looks like butcher paper is coated with wax which you don't want.

181 - 200 of 240 Posts