Vintage Mustang Forums banner

201 - 220 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well after a tough day at work - (shot 45-37, 82) I told my wife I would make supper.

Baked potato (an easy staple), fresh snap beans cooked in olive oil, garlic and red pepper flake and then braised with fresh lemon zest and lemon juice; and chicken breast filet, dipped in egg wash, bread crumbs and slathered in shredded Parmesan cheese topped with White cheddar cheese then pan fried - always with a glass of vino 🍷

This meal was wife approved 😎

John

F1.jpg F2.jpg F3.jpg F4.jpg F5.jpg

·
Registered
639 Posts
Well after a tough day at work - (shot 45-37, 82) I told my wife I would make supper.

Baked potato (an easy staple), fresh snap beans cooked in olive oil, garlic and red pepper flake and then braised with fresh lemon zest and lemon juice and chicken breast filet, dipped in egg wash, bread crumbs and slathered in shredded Parmesan cheese topped with White cheddar cheese then pan fried - always with a glass of vino 🍷

This meal was wife approved 😎

John

View attachment 758720 View attachment 758721 View attachment 758722 View attachment 758723 View attachment 758724
While the food looks great, I’m more jealous of your score! I played 9 today and scrambled my way to a 47. Short game is so rusty.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
While the food looks great, I’m more jealous of your score! I played 9 today and scrambled my way to a 47. Short game is so rusty.
After having played for over 50 years and spending 12 years as a golf professional, 2006-2018, running a golf course along with playing 4-6 times a week, I've taken a break to where I have played maybe 8 times in the last 18 months. I totally understand the short game rust as it usually the first thing to go and the hardest to get back without a lot of time and effort. I'm slowly working my way back to playing again where it's fun. As soon as it takes on any resemblance of work, the clubs are going back in the closet.

John

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
My son out in California bought a pellet grill (maybe I suggested it and sent a few bucks to him but I digress). Anyway, he is doing a Boston Butt/ Pork Shoulder this evening. I'm coaching him a bit. Hope to show some pictures of a pulled pork sammich when he's done!

Allen

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
My lovely daughter and grandson came over today and made me a great Father's Day dinner.

Fresh Romain salad, fresh garden grown squash courtesy of our neighbors, small fingerling yellow potatoes, Israeli couscous and blackened Mahi Mahi.

Oh, and she played golf today WITHOUT her favorite father and got her first ever hole-in-one! - Titleist naturally.

And to top things off, my wife (works part time in a local small town bookstore) presented me with a signed first edition of John Grisham's latest book.

Today was a good day!

John

A1.jpg A5.jpg A3.jpg A2.jpg A4.jpg A6.jpg A7.jpg A8.jpg

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,400 Posts
Going against the carnivore craze, we had lentils and cabbage with bebere spice we picked up from an Ethiopian restaurant. In a food coma right now.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Sliced cabbage drizzled with olive oil, garlic, sea salt, course pepper, Vidalia onions under the broiler until tender. Nice appetizer or snack.

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,400 Posts
I did grilled chicken breast with homemade pesto but was filling out paperwork for CCW and spun the dials thinking I turned Weber off. Came out to rolling smoke because the “stop” I felt was the High setting. Guess I forgot you have to push in to get past there to Off. Have a little cleanup to do tomorrow. Sorry, no pictures. Chicken survived and was actually awesome, wiifecwas not too happy that I almost set the porch ablaze....

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
I did grilled chicken breast with homemade pesto but was filling out paperwork for CCW and spun the dials thinking I turned Weber off. Came out to rolling smoke because the “stop” I felt was the High setting. Guess I forgot you have to push in to get past there to Off. Have a little cleanup to do tomorrow. Sorry, no pictures. Chicken survived and was actually awesome, wiifecwas not too happy that I almost set the porch ablaze....
I don't think you can upload polaroids anyway can you?

Allen

201 - 220 of 277 Posts