Vintage Mustang Forums banner

221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Hungry?

Thick bone in pork chop seasoned with salt, pepper and covered in butter then pan fried in olive oil/butter in a cast iron skillet.

Sides were olive oil/butter fried russet potatoes along with fresh green beans sauce pan fried in olive oil/minced garlic/fresh lemon zest and lemon juice.

Naturally you have to have some 🍷 to wash it all down

Bon Appe’tit - 😎

John

food 1.jpg
food 2.jpg

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I did two racks of ribs over the weekend. Sorry, no pics. My roommate does not like sweet flavored meat so I made one half rack more savory without BBQ sauce or a lot of sugar in the rub. I think it turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Seared a couple 1" thick steaks on the grill at 500° for 4 min a side this afternoon. The most tender cut of meat that I have had in years. I happened to be walking past the steaks in Kroger and on a whim grabbed a package. I was shocked of the quality and that I did not burn them like Saddam Hussien is sizzling in hell.....................

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Today was our daughters 16th Birthday. This was the meal she requested, Chicken fettuccine alfredo and Salted caramel cookies. The Chicken and cookies were cooked on the grill.

Then last week we had crab bombs on the grill.
Please explain the "crab bombs"...

Allen

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Seared a couple 1" thick steaks on the grill at 500° for 4 min a side this afternoon. The most tender cut of meat that I have had in years. I happened to be walking past the steaks in Kroger and on a whim grabbed a package. I was shocked of the quality and that I did not burn them like Saddam Hussien is sizzling in hell.....................
Have you ever tried reverse searing?

A new concept to me...

Allen

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
Have you ever tried reverse searing?

A new concept to me...

Allen
I’ve done it, and honestly, I still prefer my steaks cooked the old fashioned way. High heat, short time, red center.

I picked up a whole beef yesterday, so good food to come!

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Ive never heard of reverse searing.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Not everything has to be fancy. Foraging in the cupboard tonight found a can of hash. Had a little chopped onion and bell pepper from something I made a week ago (almost threw it out yesterday). A couple little potatoes a few eggs. Salt, Pepper, Rosemary.
Dinner tonight, lunch tomorrow. I know the cook-top needs to be cleaned. The maid took 2020 off.

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
Been eating pre-made sandwiches while sitting on the beach. Haven't touched a grill or an oven in over a week.
20200629_112301.jpg

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Like Billy Paul and Mrs Jones.....me and sandwiches we got a thing going on......

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Please explain the "crab bombs"...

Allen
Crab bombs I originally ate at a restaurant in Maryland called Jerry's Seafood. Basically all crab with just enough filler to hold it together.

The Crab Bomb

This is a wonderful recipe that is a knock off of the famous 'Crab Bomb" Served at Jerry's Seafood in a suburb of Washington D.C. It is rich with butter and most importantly, jumbo lump crab meat. The serving size is huge, about 1/2 lb per person. Serves 4.

Ingredients:

2 lbs jumbo lump crab meat
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
2 sticks of unsalted butter
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp white vinegar
1 tbs old bay seasoning
Parsley for garnish
kosher salt and black pepper to taste

Directions:

Mix old bay seasoning with crab meat several hours before serving.
Melt butter and mix with vinegar.
In a bowl mix the crab meat with mayonnaise, panko, then season with a little salt and pepper.
Using your hands, being careful not to break up the lumps make 4 (1/2 lb) tennis ball sized balls of the crab mixture and place them in individual heat proof ramekins.
Pour the melted butter/vinegar mixture over the crab meat.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until it sizzles.
Garnish with parsley.
Serves 4.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Not everything has to be fancy. Foraging in the cupboard tonight found a can of hash. Had a little chopped onion and bell pepper from something I made a week ago (almost threw it out yesterday). A couple little potatoes a few eggs. Salt, Pepper, Rosemary.
Dinner tonight, lunch tomorrow. I know the cook-top needs to be cleaned. The maid took 2020 off.
View attachment 759922
I woulda scrambled that all together. My Sun brunches are usually ham/sausage, potatoes, mushrooms, scrambled with eggs and topped with cheese. And then Red Hot.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
All trimmed up and ready to go. The silver skin was a pain on this one so I didn’t do a good job of getting it off. Meh. Fully injected and rubbed down. Going on a 6am.
AE7D9A41-CBEC-4F22-9C38-CF54E7775681.jpeg
AFB49370-9677-433D-ABF9-2583B6CA1B0F.jpeg
40815E9C-1E0A-46C5-8BB2-8A5A57AB98B0.jpeg

221 - 239 of 239 Posts