Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can smell the scam on this one for miles, can you?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/car/525038515.html

We've all seen '67 FBs in much worse condition go for 3-5 times this one is selling for. Maybe seller forgot to input a 1 between the $ and the 3? I don't want to waste the long distance and mins on this one but if someone does call please post what happens here for curiousity's sake.

Happy New Year everyone!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Well...he lists his phone number, I would think if he was a scammer he wouldn't list his number and instead only an email address. It does seem very cheap, maybe the car has some major issues not mentioned which would explain the cheap price..

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I doubt it's a scam.

The ad on craigslist for my car said

"Come see my 1966 Ford Mustang and make me an offer! Call ralph xxx-xxxx"

No pictures or descriptions of any sort, and it was lagit. If there's a phone number there, i bet it's lagit. Like he said, there's probably something wrong with the car that isn't listed.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree there is probably something wrong not mentioned as well. It was just the scam lookout in me that was alerted when I saw the ad. I just can't believe a FB in that condition for that price. Maybe it started life as a coupe that was converted to a FB? Maybe was a T code converted to v8 and has been in an accident or two? May have some serious wiring issues not mentioned? Who knows. I'll see if I can just delete this thread altogether so as to not bother any more of you w/it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just maybe the person has no idea that a movie made them so darn valuable! I should say two movies at that! There are people out there still, that just get up go to work and come home eat,go to bed. Dull: metntally slow! Give them call. BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW!

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
I always hate ads that say they are moving and "my loss is your gain" but this one seems legit. Never know till you call and see the car.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
6t9mach1 said:
I always hate ads that say they are moving and "my loss is your gain" but this one seems legit. Never know till you call and see the car.
Craigslist posting deleted... :confused:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
The listing has been deleted.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I wouldn't get too worked up about the deletion. If it was legit, he probably sold the car quickly and wanted to stop getting calls on it. Personally, I smelled more of a deal than a scam on that ad. I would only have purchased it locally though. I would never buy anything from Craigslist and trust someone to ship it...
Grant

1 - 9 of 9 Posts