Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To qualify that statement, yes, I really hate it especially for my Mustang. Some states, like Rhode Island, don't inspect classic cars but Massachusetts does. I don't like anyone jacking up my car or doing anything to it for that matter.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Try to vote in people that believe in freedom

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Most of my cars have been damaged by lifts from inspections, getting tires and repairs. My trucks have fared better because they have frames. God help you if you go to a Jiffy Lube.

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
Take pictures of it without damage beforehand, and let them know you did...

Reactions: FrankieThe69Kid

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
DC doesn’t inspect any cars pre-1968, so my ‘66 has an inspection sticker which expires in 2099. Pretty sure I’ll be long gone by then.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
DC doesn’t inspect any cars pre-1968, so my ‘66 has an inspection sticker which expires in 2099. Pretty sure I’ll be long gone by then.
You never know... these miracle drugs they have now. Just think how fun it would be with millions and millions of reaaaaaly old people wandering around.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I’m in Mass…. Luckily the last two years I’ve found a local garage thru my mechanic that, if I come on a Saturday, just takes the needed pictures and slaps a sticker on it. I need a new one this month and am going in next Saturday… hopefully I get lucky again.
Know any garage that works on classic? If if they don’t do inspections, they might know a more classic friendly station.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Iowa- no inspections of any kind here..... and you should see some of the scary crap people are driving around here!! Bald tires, no exhaust, worn out brakes glowing red, broken and or missing lights, etc. I wish they would inspect and remove that crap from the roads!!.. and leave my old cars alone! lol

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You never know... these miracle drugs they have now. Just think how fun it would be with millions and millions of reaaaaaly old people wandering around.
I’m not sure my wife will want to be married to me that long. For sure she’ll hide the good meds....

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Dj, seriously ? 69s get inspected where you live ? what are the looking for ? Or, is it just a moneygrab ? I think FTW is on the right track, find a classic friendly station. THEN vote out whomever you have and get someone with brains. LSG

·
Registered
546 Posts
NY State is a yearly inspection - I've had both good and bad experiences . I told one guy I was going to drive into the garage and out of the garage. I was going to let some greasy guy in my new interior. He said it was illegal for me drive it in and said fine I'll find another place. Found a place that will slap a sticker and just talk classics and I pay his lunch.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I’m not sure my wife will want to be married to me that long. For sure she’ll hide the good meds....
Like Walter has said, marriage is forever, but its taking too damn long!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not sure I'd like to deal with an annual safety inspection on my Mustang. But having been raised in Ma. and moved to Ca. There have been times that I wished Ca had safety inspections. Was more frequent back in the 80's. But coming across an exhaust system laying in the highway can ruin your day.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
no inspections and no property tax. permanent antique tag for almost 30 yrs.
Wisconsin is similar. One of my best moves was getting a "collector" plate 20 years ago.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT Coupe Auto
12 Posts
I used to perform safety inspections (back when Colorado had them) pretty much every gas station could do it. The station bought the stickers from the state and sold them to the driving public. It was a love/hate relationship because of being on the wrong side of the tracks. I saw a lot of recaps, taped mufflers, missing brake shoes, home made wiper blades, gas pooling on manifolds, etc etc. We made a lot of parts sales but the endless moaning and threats - "If I lose my job because I can't get to work I'll make you pay Ese".
I'm not a fan of gov't but dang, some people do not care what they drive.

·
Registered
36,620 Posts
When I lived in FL, there was no motor vehicle inspection. Strangely, except for many cracked windshields in pickup trucks, vehicles seemed to be in pretty good shape.

No inspection of antique vehicles in PA.

When I was daily driving my 66 in NJ, inspection was real jerks about the fog lamps. Easiest fix was to remove them from the car for inspection.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
ok, that's like three things i like about florida, no inspections.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I used to live in upstate NY...the only place I have ever lived that required inspections. I hated it...it certainly did NOT stop people driving deathtraps around. Every other state I have lived in didn't require them. Its just another tax hidden under the guise of safety.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts