Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having a 347 Stroker motor put in my 67 Mustang and was thinking about getting some new mufflers. I have Magnaflow muffler’s on right now but wanted to see if anyone here has had any experience with the Borla’s.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I put Magnaflow's on a stock 289 with 2.25" dual exhaust H pipe and stock exhaust manifolds. They are too quiet. At a car show, a '65 came in with a nice tone exhaust like I wanted. He had the Borla's with standard exhaust manifolds.

·
Premium Member
15,301 Posts
I had 2.5” stainless steel Borla’s on a ‘66 GT-350-H with a vintage Paxton supercharger. The headers were the stock (for Shelby’s) Tri-y’ The Borlas were straight thru, and so loud during acceleration that I had to change the route of my nightly speed run thru the Texas Hill Country, because the extreme noise made a farmers cows quit giving as much milk. I know that because he approached me at a Mustang Club meeting and politely asked if I would mind changing my route as I was costing him a lot of $$$.

Not kidding, the Borlas are loud. Eventually the noise was even too much for me and I replaced them with 2.5” Stainless MagnaFlows. Much better and no noticeable drop off in power.

if you have a stock iron manifold everything will quieter, with headers louder.

Z

·
Registered
1970 Sportroof Mustang Grabber Value Package
1,402 Posts
I had 2.5” stainless steel Borla’s on a ‘66 GT-350-H with a vintage Paxton supercharger. The headers were the stock (for Shelby’s) Tri-y’ The Borlas were straight thru, and so loud during acceleration that I had to change the route of my nightly speed run thru the Texas Hill Country, because the extreme noise made a farmers cows quit giving as much milk. I know that because he approached me at a Mustang Club meeting and politely asked if I would mind changing my route as I was costing him a lot of $$$.

Not kidding, the Borlas are loud. Eventually the noise was even too much for me and I replaced them with 2.5” Stainless MagnaFlows. Much better and no noticeable drop off in power.

if you have a stock iron manifold everything will quieter, with headers louder.

Z
Careful, PETA will get those Borla's outlawed!

• Haha
Reactions: Huntingky and zray

·
Premium Member
15,301 Posts
Careful, PETA will get those Borla's outlawed!
6,000 rpm with a supercharger doing its stuff to add more boom-boom will make a T-Rex run away.

In town, just putting around they were bearable & only got me some glaring glances, but at full bore in the country the Borlas were a real menace to all animals great and small.

Maybe mine were a different model than what the OP is asking about, as I’ve never heard of “Borla Crate Mufflers”.

But if you can see straight thru them, they could be the same.

·
Registered
1970 Sportroof Mustang Grabber Value Package
1,402 Posts
6,000 rpm with a supercharger doing its stuff to add more boom-boom will make a T-Rex run away.

In town, just putting around they were bearable & only got me some glaring glances, but at full bore in the country the Borlas were a real menace to all animals great and small.

Maybe mine were a different model than what the OP is asking about, as I’ve never heard of “Borla Crate Mufflers”.

But if you can see straight thru them, they could be the same.
So what is the max noise a cow can take and still give profitable amounts of milk?:unsure:🐄

Reactions: zray

·
Registered
4,738 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts