Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone had any recordings of there exhaust. Preferable on a small block. I am trying to decide on mufflers and I am searching for the "right" sound. I like the flowmaster 40 series, but I have heard them on a ford. I know flowmasters website has recordings, but I was really looking for somthing with a few revs in it. Any sounds are welcome, because I like them all!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
You can download my "Burnout Video" off my website to hear a 390 with turbo-mufflers . . . 1.3 meg, (excuse the mis-shift into third /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif).

Rick

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Very Cool, Rick! Gives me some ideas of what to do with my 64.5 tomorrow (if I can find an empty road in Seattle.)

G

·
I've got the Flowmaster 40 series installed on my 302. I'll have to get SWMBO's laptop a go for a drive here in Tacoma. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Jason

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I would give you a recording, but it's of a 429 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Thats a little more than a small block!

·
Registered
792 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I got all kinds of recordings and video's on my website of my car. It has some generic turbo style mufflers on it, sounds pretty good for what I paid.

G

·
Sorry it took so long to get these. But here they are. As you can see from my profile, I have a original stock 302. Mods are as follows: Offenhauser Dual Port 360 w/Holley Street Avenger 570, Hedman shortie headers, 2.25" dual exhaust no H or X pipe (yet), Flowmaster 40 series (not Deltaflow).
Here's a picture of the rear where the exhaust exits, (custom cutout valance). The recordings where made with the mic hanging by the licence plate.

Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts