Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm almost done getting all the parts I need to get the top end done on my 289 and was looking at cam bearings. I am looking at the Dart 32210041 cam bearings in particular as I found a great deal on a set of them but the seller is telling me they will only fit in Dart blocks w/the common 2.200" cam bore. When I look at Summit's appl info for them they say they do fit in all SBFs so am a bit cornfused. Here is the product page from Summit: Dart 32210041 - Dart Cam Bearings - Overview - SummitRacing.com.

Has anyone here used these in their 289 successfully? I will be using them with a Comp Cams 31-218-2 btw. Also, can anyone tell me the cam bore on a 1966 289 block?

I've searched on here already however was not able to find the answers I need.

Thanks in advance for any info guys and gals!

Oscar

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to ask if anyone can provide any suggestions for good, quality cam bearings if these Dart ones won't work for me. I'm looking around right now but am getting search burnout now after a few hours of looking for things. :crazy:

Thanks!

Oscar

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, I think I may end up w/the Durabond FP18T bearings instead as they are made for the 289 and will fit. I'd read where one user here liked the Dart bearings alot because of not having to line up the oil holes w/them as they are designed to push oil through no matter how they're installed. But seeing they may not fit in my 289 I'll just go w/the tried and true Durabond FP18T bearings. Plus they cost a little less than the Dart ones too so that's a plus already.

Unless someone has any good suggestions for another bearing I can use I guess we can consider this thread closed.

Oscar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts