Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Mach1, Mcode, AOD, 4 wheel discs, Ram air, Cragars in Vermilion Fire paint.
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys.
A mate is going to checkout this silver blue 65? vert tomorrow.
It's just come off the boat fresh from the States.
You guys wil be able to tell me more able it just by looking at it eg: what state it came from as it's still got it US license plate on it.

anything else you might be able to tell me would be appreciated.

Would it have 4 wheel drums etc.
I won't have the VIN till Monday now.
May one of you guys recognise it!

click to see this and this.

cheers.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
The license plate is a Kalifornia plate. Period correct for 1966. By the way, it's a 66. Gas cap, hub caps and dash tell me that. What' the VIN say?

·
White Elephant Guy
12,969 Posts
Looks like an old school California Plate. Has a 66 gas cap and dash pad. Looks like 6-cylinder wheel covers. I always wondered how much it cost to ship a car across the Pacific. When I'm rich and famous I definitely want to get my hands on a Falcon GT-P.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like an old school California Plate. Has a 66 gas cap and dash pad. Looks like 6-cylinder wheel covers. I always wondered how much it cost to ship a car across the Pacific. When I'm rich and famous I definitely want to get my hands on a Falcon GT-P.
Buddy, we all want what we can't have! It's the human condition.

These GT's and GT-P's are common as Monaro's.
I personally don't even turn my head to look at them anymore and I love Musclecars! ...they're just everywhere.

That's why there's a Mustang craze here ....because it's something different.

If I parked My 71 Mach1 next to a GT-P, I don't think anyone will realise the GT-P is there!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Man... Checkout that house accross the street. I gotta move to California, screw this 0-degree weather. Plus, I heard the girls out there have all their teeth!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Sold in the Los Angeles Area - city of Van Nuys license plate frame. Looks real clean, and would get a decent chunk of change here in California, let alone "down under"

Looks like it might have the '289' emblems on the front fenders. It looks like there is a chrome emblem in the right spot.

But there's also those HIDEOUS door-ding strips down the sides. Were those a factory option? SWMBOs '66 had those too.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, just so we can work out cost variations to buy these vehicles in Oz, what would the going price be for these in the States. (assuming the rest of the car is as good as the photos ..eg: no surprises ... no Tcode, rust etc.

Also ..is it probable that it's a 4 wheel drum car?
There was another photo of the inside which I didn't post, no pony interior here either.

But it does look like an honest car that's had a good easy life. Does anyone know the name of this color?

cheers again.

·
Premium Member
19,220 Posts
That's a nice looking convertible. Here in the States, that would probably go from anywhere from $12k to $25k, depending upon (rust) condition and options. I believe that color is Brittany Blue, but my monitor does wierd things to shades of color.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Very nice original California Vert. The license number starting with T was fairly late in model year 66 (my 66 California coupe was Nov. 65 built with a license number starting with R. By the way, it is probably rust free. California cars usually only corrode from marine influence (salty fogs) not from road salt. Corrosion is often absent or limited to the inside of the doors.

·
Registered
966 Posts
4-wheel drum brakes were the most common, so chances are that is what it's got on it. If it turns out to be power disc front, then BONUS!

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
4-wheel drum brakes were the most common, so chances are that is what it's got on it. If it turns out to be power disc front, then BONUS!
Power discs weren't offered in 65-66, just power drums. I wonder if I can pass off power 4 wheel discs as factory? :: :joker:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wonder if I can pass off power 4 wheel discs as factory?
When I bought my 71 mach1 3 years ago, it had 4 wheel disks!

I was most upset to discover that the vehicle was no longer original. :naive:

But you guys convinced me not to change it back!
I'm learning to live with it!

::

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Nice vert...Would like to import a Gt-P....Would you facilitate? What is the cost?

Mel ::

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
That is most likely Silver Blue. Slight chance it is Silver Frost(lighter than SB) hard to tell from those angles. Brittany Blue is not a 66 color it was only in 67 & 68.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice vert...Would like to import a Gt-P....Would you facilitate? What is the cost?

Mel ::
Buddy, before I can even start to look into things for you, I'll need more info.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a quick update on the vert.

Can't tell you too much information because he said this was just another waste of his time.

The importer wanted low 30's for it.
The paint was crap and there was dents in the panels and wheelcaps from container damage.

He didn't bother looking any further ...not at this price.
cheers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts