Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking that if someone had the time and the contacts to one of the mustang vendors, and if there was enough interest. Someone might be able to organize a group buy for quality suspension kits, not necassarily the high end stuff.

Anybody willing to step up to the plate?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I think Matt at Ponderosa Mustang was listing some good prices on suspension parts in the for sale section.
We can also offer 15% off most list retail prices on almost any Mustang part but unless you're local and can pick it up after shipping it kinda washes out the discount.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Matt at Ponderosa Mustang
Is Matt back in business? :: I ordered an item to be picked up in Pensacola. Was unable to contact him either by phone or email. Gave up and bought it from another vendor.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I wasn't aware that he was out of business. I last spoke with him about 2-3 months ago and saw that he does have some advertisements in the for sale section.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
He may not be out of business and just hard to get in contact with. I tried to IM via AIM him several times and never got a reply. I still see him online.I know that he told me that he had taken a regular job when I ordered my cruiser console from him. Got that one okay at a good price. But ordered a saddle console for my vert which I referenced in my other reply. ::

·
Registered
257 Posts
With regards to a suspension group buy, I'm moments away from buying front end suspension parts. Planning on buying from American Pony Parts -- basic kit with their midolyne bushings.

If that's what folks are interested in, I'd love to get a group buy.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I myself am in need of new leaf springs and shocks all around. American Pony has everything I need...which is KYB shocks and leaf springs.

So, I guess that makes me interested.

-KoolKat

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm definitely interested. I was looking at the American Pony master rebuild front end kit (I think that's what it's called) with the midolyne bushings. I'm looking for a complete front and rear, includings springs and sway bars.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay,

Looks like we have some interest.

I have also talked to American Pony for a quote on my suspension kit, seems to me they have everything I need, and I believe it is all American made products.

What is our next step,

Time limit, maybe 30 days so we can build a large enough order.

Organization, Representation, a phone call to American Pony or another vendor to see if there interested.

Who else has organized a group buy, and can you give us some input.

How can we keep this locked so others can join.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm a Mustang newbie and I've never organized a GP before, but I'm willing to help. :: I bought a gas tank from American Pony on ebay for $66, which is less than their web price of $99, so it looks like they might be flexible on the price.

Feel free to IM me if you need me to do anything. We should probably figure out a contact person so a dozen of us don't call them in one day. ::

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sounds great to me. I can make phone calls if noone else really wants to. If someone has had more experience though, please jump in.

right now I count five people interested -- that's a pretty good start.

Sounds like everyone is at least considering American Pony and most need at least front end parts, some the whole kit.

That's what I see so far. If someone is eager to roll with it, great. If not, I guess I'll call American Pony tomorrow and feel them out.

-Rogman

1 - 13 of 13 Posts