Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Raybestos MC36440, Maverick manual disc master cylinder for my new disc setup.

Zray was filling me in on the retainer clip thingy that helps hold the push rod into the stock master cylinder.

Will the above master cylinder use my original push rod with its clip?

·
Registered
765 Posts
According to this Rock Auto parts photo, there is a clip shown on the tip of the pushrod for the MC part number you gave.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Looking at the Raybestos MC36440, Maverick manual disc master cylinder for my new disc setup.

Zray was filling me in on the retainer clip thingy that helps hold the push rod into the stock master cylinder.

Will the above master cylinder use my original push rod with its clip?

The new push rod supplied with the 440 master is the exact correct length as the 65 66 Mustang Push rod. The new push rod is to long for the 67-70, and if used will place the brake pedal about 2" higher than normal.

So use the New push rod in the 65 66, use old push rod in the 67-70.

We supply a note with these when we send them out that states this.

Dan @ Chockostang

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all, I know when I went drum I had to reuse my original, and was wondering if the same rule applied here.

Not looking forward to getting that pin out of the brake pedal assembly to get the original rod out. Royal pain, I tried before and gave up. Not enough room to maneuver. Just undid bolts for my jelly jar MC and it came right off the rod. (not safe of course, not sure if my original push rod safety clip was missing etc, didn't know to look for it at the time)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts