Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts

·
Just some guy
20,004 Posts
Something that looks like spam in the forum. I did not understand how to post it, So I'm doing it here.
Usually you can "report" such stuff but since we are currently getting wave after wave of it lately there is no need for sixteen people to point it out. We're putting out the fires as best we can. None of us can be here watching everything 24/7. Trying. I stamped out the one in the Concours section, normally I would only peep into that particular section twice a year maybe. Now I have to skim EVERY section every time I log on. Getting pretty annoying.

·
Just some guy
20,004 Posts
由于该网站已成为唯一的广告赚钱机器,因此更改它的唯一方法就是离开。 没有点击,没有收入!
Yóuyú gāi wǎngzhàn yǐ chéngwéi wéiyī de guǎnggào zhuànqián jīqì, yīncǐ gēnggǎi tā de wéiyī fāngfǎ

Mark
How did you come up with that? Fluent?

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
CLASSIC !!!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
I just hit ignore on each of the profiles that post and haven’t had anymore issues. Ideally, the profiles themselves get deleted but in the time being it’s problem solved for me.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
If XenForo knew what they were doing when they wrote the forum software, we wouldn't be having this problem. But then xenforo does sound sort of Chicom. Humm?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Typical Vertical Scope. They're real good at buying up good sites and running them into the ground.

·
Just some guy
20,004 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Usually you can "report" such stuff but since we are currently getting wave after wave of it lately there is no need for sixteen people to point it out. We're putting out the fires as best we can. None of us can be here watching everything 24/7. Trying. I stamped out the one in the Concours section, normally I would only peep into that particular section twice a year maybe. Now I have to skim EVERY section every time I log on. Getting pretty annoying.
[
Thanks for moving it and I can sure understand that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks for doing your best to get rid of the spam in the forums. It helps. Me and other members on here appreciate what your doing.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not sure about anyone else but I had about a half hour or so of surfing where it seemed like I was on dial up internet. It took forever to load a page and then gave me an error message after replying to a post. Which then made me accidentally double post.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Isn’t there a setting for forum sign in that would require captcha? Or would that even help?

·
Just some guy
20,004 Posts
There is an algorithm they have in place that picks up up on known spammers by comparing their address and known email mails to a database somewhere.
The really sucky part is that moderators see posts that are deleted until they finally age out like regular posts. That means currently that any moderator that goes to the Concours forum sees about three actual posts buried in FIVE pages of dreck. (I counted) And that's with my preferences set to see like 35 posts a page.

Captcha stuff wouldn't help too much. These latest invaders are actual people I believe, they know how to cross the T's and dot the i's.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts