Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got Shari all nice and shiny for Roundup, and last weekend hit a bunch of paint chips with touch up (yeah, I know, it should have been done BEFORE Roundup, but I was busy). She looks SOOOOO good right now! I start to think, you know, if I don't take her out again, I won't have to deal with this again!

Of course, I also think, as I sit in the dentist's chair, you know, if I never EAT again, it won't take as long next time!

....Nah! ....

Shari's on her way to work with me tomorrow morning.

Steve

·
Registered
194 Posts
It does cross my mind when my cars are all clean and de-bugged. But they are made to be driven, and enjoyed by the owner and other folks as well. And it's better to drive them regularly than to leave them sit and let everything dry up. That's my opinion, anyway.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Careful !! Too much TLC and you may have a trailer queen on your hands, LOL! Then you will NEVER drive Shari again. Just kidding. I sorely wish I could have my bucket-o-parts running. The day is coming eventually. BTW how do I name my car? 65 coupe seems appropriate.... Mustang Trailer won't be befitting after next month.....shheeesh ,,,,decisions, decisions.....

G

·
0 Posts
BTW how do I name my car?

I go through that constantly, as I name just about everything of value that there might be more than one of. It's something I got from my father, who regularly oversaw huge collections of early video equipment (circa late 70s). It made it easier to distinguish one identical piece of equipment from another.

All the computers I use get named, both at work and at home. The server I administer, all the printers, the cars (I own 4 of them) and so on.

I usually come up with pretty random things. I've named a printer after the name of an album I was listening to at that moment (Gish), a laptop computer after a BattleBot (Ziggo), and a red truck after a biblical villain (Jezebel). On occasion, usually for cars, I spend some time at it and check baby name directories online.

If that fails, you can always look to your heroes for inspiration.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
The only chips my car has gotten in the 8 years have been in the garage. neigbors cat jumping on the car, 3 year old taking a garden hoe to the hood, wife knocking over a bicycle twice. I'm thinking of parking somewhere safer like a mine field. At least enjoy being the person kicking the crap out of your car.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like most things, they already have a name. The trick is to be listening when the car tells it to you.

Steve

·
Registered
699 Posts
Tell me the secret of doing that (listening carefully).
Im still trying to find out the name of my Stang! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One must quiet the mind, Seeker. Only then will your ears listen to what they already hear!

Ommmmm.....

Steve

·
Registered
699 Posts
Youre chinese, arent you? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Anyway, Im afraid Im still not able to get her (?) name.

So probably I should just name her after one of the two ladies, that really mean a lot to me?
Not quite the same, but close. What do you think, master Wong?

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, but I have an Ancient Chinese Secret.....

Mustangs are called to their own name. Listen well....

(Hey, this is kinda fun! I should do this for a living).

Steve

·
Registered
699 Posts
Write a book! You could call it "Master Steves Chinese secrets for naming vintage Stangs".
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif lol

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey! For your car, how about "Calgon". As in "Calgon, take me away!". It actually works.

Steve, actually scares himself sometimes

·
Registered
699 Posts
What kind of name is Calgon??? No, I dont think her (?) name is Calgon... .
Let me just introduce you to Natalie or Marie or maybe Maria?! I think that will be her name! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Naming her after a special person! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Or well, actually one of two special persons that is. I guess Ill just have to try which name she likes better. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"Calgon, take me away!" is from a [in[famous commercial from the late 70s. Do a web search, and you'll probably find it.

Anyway, think before you name your car after a real person. What happens if you get PO'd at the car? "Damn, Marie!" What will she think of that? What happens if you get PO'd at the person? Do you want your car reminding you of that?

Of course, cars have their own name. They just might happen to share the same name.

Steve

·
Registered
699 Posts
>Of course, cars have their own name. They just might happen to share the same name.

Steve, you are too much! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif lol
Well to honor these two ladies, I might actually use their names. But I might not tell many people about that...! Ill keep it low profile. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

One thing that always got me wondering though, is the fact that 99% of Stangs "are" female. Ummm. I mean most have female names. Sure theres one on the VMF that is male (Murphy-but even that could be a female), but thats the only one that I am aware of.

So, let me ask you (being the "master"), why it is that way?
I suppose it is because it is just nicer for us guys to have something female to play with, than something male?! I mean I could imagine straight guys having problems to be close to a "male" car! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Is it that or is there something else that I am not aware of? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Please tell me, master Steve!

Nick

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
What makes you think Midlife is female? Dodgestangs' car is named Deathtrap, and that's hardly female. Dickson's car is Fastbasketcase. All gender neutral names.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Ok, ok, Midlife you got me. So there are more Stangs that are NOT "female". But the majority is, thats what got me wondering...! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 20 of 20 Posts